3 series of FIVE BEEPS

Old July 13th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
mrbarnard

Default 3 series of FIVE BEEPS

My 1994 Ford Mustang 3.8L 5 spd has started doing something that
completely confuses me:
When I start it, there is now a distinct series of beeps (not a
"lights on", "door open", or "buckle the seatbelt" beep). It is 5
beeps, sounded three times. No idiot light comes on, and there is no
indication from the gauges of anything wrong.

Does anyone know the meaning of 5 beeps?
Old July 14th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dan[_30_]

On Jul 13, 1:11*pm, mrbarnard > wrote:
> My 1994 Ford Mustang 3.8L 5 spd has started doing something that
> completely confuses me:
> When I start it, there is now a distinct series of beeps (not a
> "lights on", "door open", or "buckle the seatbelt" beep). It is 5
> beeps, sounded three times. No idiot light comes on, and there is no
> indication from the gauges of anything wrong.
>
> Does anyone know the meaning of 5 beeps?

Groups of five beeps is usually the SRS (airbags) complaining about
something. Burnt out bulb on the dash, defective module, etc.

Dan
P49Y83+

5 beeps Steve[_54_] Mazda 3 June 1st 08 10:48 PM
2000 A4 - Four Beeps Marcus Redd Audi 11 February 10th 07 01:30 AM
2000 A4 - Four Beeps Limahl Audi 0 February 9th 07 11:10 PM
My car beeps at me / water intrusion TeGGeR® Honda 2 October 26th 05 08:05 PM
4 beeps ? me Audi 4 May 7th 05 08:55 PM