Customer Service?

Old May 17th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Customer Service?

Mazda looks bad and getting worse....

http://www.theacsi.org/index.php?opt...or+Corporation
Old May 18th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jim Becker

From my personal experience they've taken major hits in the PRHT allocation
system. Still waiting on my order that went in back in Dec06 for an 07.
Salesperson not honest and now I'm waiting on an 08.

.. .

Old May 18th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Jim Becker" > wrote:

> From my personal experience they've taken major hits in the PRHT
> allocation system. Still waiting on my order that went in back in
> Dec06 for an 07. Salesperson not honest and now I'm waiting on an
> 08.

Of course nobody knows exactly why customer service takes a hit but
since the surveys are compiled among many owners I'd have to guess
there may be a drop in all areas, parts, warranty service, sales, etc.

That's only a guess, it could be due entirely to bad warranty service
or slow parts delivery or what you point out or who knows?

Old May 18th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

XS11E > wrote:

>Mazda looks bad and getting worse....
>
>http://www.theacsi.org/index.php?opt...or+Corporation

They seem to be slightly improving to me. There seems to be a couple of
points random variation by year, but if you look over a longer period,
the trend is clear.

And then there is liars, damn liars, and statistics. Would I really be
more satisfied with a Mercedes, a GM, a Ford? Think thrice. But the idiots
who buy that sort of thing think obviously greatly of it. We are largely
measuring the intelligence and critical facilities of the customer here,
rather than anything about cars or companies.

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old May 19th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Aardvark J. Bandersnatch, MYOFB

WARNING: Anecdotal Evidence to Follow!

"XS11E" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Jim Becker" > wrote:
>
>> From my personal experience they've taken major hits in the PRHT
>> allocation system. Still waiting on my order that went in back in
>> Dec06 for an 07. Salesperson not honest and now I'm waiting on an
>> 08.

> Of course nobody knows exactly why customer service takes a hit but
> since the surveys are compiled among many owners I'd have to guess
> there may be a drop in all areas, parts, warranty service, sales, etc.
>
> That's only a guess, it could be due entirely to bad warranty service
> or slow parts delivery or what you point out or who knows?

Overall, my personal experience with my local Mazda dealer has been
positive. The only negative has been "attitude" from repairmen, who seem to
think I am somehow a lesser being for wanting them to repair my car.
("What's wrong with you? Any dumass could fix that!") It's even worse that I
expect them to repair it correctly the first time.

Now that I think about it, it kind of reminds me of my experience with BMW
repair & maintenance... only not quite so expensive on such a regular basis.

I've not had that experience having my wife's Celica repaired/maintained.
The Toyota people always seem quite happy to see us bring the car in.
Celica-- no repairs yet, just maintenance. <shrug>

YMMV.

Old May 21st 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

> And then there is liars, damn liars, and statistics. Would I really be
> more satisfied with a Mercedes, a GM, a Ford? Think thrice. But the
> idiots
> who buy that sort of thing think obviously greatly of it. We are largely
> measuring the intelligence and critical facilities of the customer here,
> rather than anything about cars or companies.
>
> Leon
> --

Leon, did you forget to take a med or something? If the sited info was at
all confusing or misleading, it wouldn't be when compared to what you said
here ........ what did you say here?

Sorry, maybe it's just me!
Chris
99BBB

Old May 22nd 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

>> And then there is liars, damn liars, and statistics. Would I really be
>> more satisfied with a Mercedes, a GM, a Ford? Think thrice. But the
>> idiots
>> who buy that sort of thing think obviously greatly of it. We are largely
>> measuring the intelligence and critical facilities of the customer here,
>> rather than anything about cars or companies.
>>
>> Leon
>> --

>Leon, did you forget to take a med or something? If the sited info was at
>all confusing or misleading, it wouldn't be when compared to what you said
>here ........ what did you say here?
>
>Sorry, maybe it's just me!

Maybe it is. I was just pointing out logical errors in the relevance
of the numbers cited.

I was not being personal to you.

Or taking things out of context.

Leon

Old May 22nd 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Aardvark J. Bandersnatch, MYOFB wrote:
> WARNING: Anecdotal Evidence to Follow!
>
> "XS11E" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Jim Becker" > wrote:
>>
>>> From my personal experience they've taken major hits in the PRHT
>>> allocation system. Still waiting on my order that went in back in
>>> Dec06 for an 07. Salesperson not honest and now I'm waiting on an
>>> 08.

>> Of course nobody knows exactly why customer service takes a hit but
>> since the surveys are compiled among many owners I'd have to guess
>> there may be a drop in all areas, parts, warranty service, sales, etc.
>>
>> That's only a guess, it could be due entirely to bad warranty service
>> or slow parts delivery or what you point out or who knows?

> Overall, my personal experience with my local Mazda dealer has been
> positive. The only negative has been "attitude" from repairmen, who seem to
> think I am somehow a lesser being for wanting them to repair my car.
> ("What's wrong with you? Any dumass could fix that!") It's even worse that I
> expect them to repair it correctly the first time.
>
> Now that I think about it, it kind of reminds me of my experience with BMW
> repair & maintenance... only not quite so expensive on such a regular basis.
>
> I've not had that experience having my wife's Celica repaired/maintained.
> The Toyota people always seem quite happy to see us bring the car in.
> Celica-- no repairs yet, just maintenance. <shrug>
>
> YMMV.

MMDNV (my mileage did not vary)

I've been relatively satisfied with Mazda customer service since I
bought my first in '91. But yesterday I had my '06 in for its 15k
service and I told the manager that I had an annoying rattle and told
him where it was coming from -- beside my right ear. My assumption since
I first heard it was that the latch which holds the top down had a loose
part but I know better than to give suggestions and to let them figure
it out for themselves but I did tell them that I had checked all of the
bulletins I had access to and none of them seemed to apply.

An hour later I was paged by the service manager with the breathless
news that my OEM tires were very nearly worn out -- like that could be
missed even by a blind person. And he was eager to sell me some Dunlop
tires that would get "twice the mileage" ($830 IIRC). I told him that I
knew about the problem and would take care of it myself.

Then when checkout time came I walked to the car as the mechanic was
parking it and he told me that he had "lubricated" my noise away and
didn't seem happy when I told him that my problem wasn't the squeak in
the service bulletin -- it was a real rattle. But to give him credit for
something he did take it out for a test drive and was able to identify
the rattle as being in the base of the wind blocker. I happened to be in
the parts department main counter as the mechanic came into the
"mechanics only" portion and started bitching about the cheap customer
who wouldn't buy tires from them but wanted every little thing taken
care of. I believe he never did know that I was there within earshot but
it seems that his boss sus'd it out and the mechanic was instructed to
order a new assembly for the repair rather than trying any kind of a kludge.

I guess it could just have been a tired hot mechanic at the end of a
long day blowing off steam and I'm trying to convince myself that this
was the case. Otherwise I'd have a reason to start questioning every
little thing that the dealer tries to do.

Oh, BTW I ordered new tires from TireRack and will have a recommended
installer right down the street install them on Monday or Tuesday. I
actually ordered the Michelin OEM-type tires because of all the
confusion about performance tire comparisons online and for the moment
I'd rather deal with a known quantity. I'm sure I'll have it sorted out
by the time the next change is needed. But I know that every test I saw
convinced me that the long-wearing Dunlops were crap more suited for a
FWD van than an MX-5.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old May 22nd 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

Car Dealers mottos:
Buy low, sell high (Maybe just a bit lower if sales figures need to be met.)
Let the customer beware.
Tack on everything the customer will allow without blowing the sale.
Don't forget to make the customer sign a binding arbitration clause.
Make sure that there is at least a $500 charge for "Mop & Glow"

"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in message
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
>

> >> And then there is liars, damn liars, and statistics. Would I really be
> >> more satisfied with a Mercedes, a GM, a Ford? Think thrice. But the
> >> idiots
> >> who buy that sort of thing think obviously greatly of it. We are

largely
> >> measuring the intelligence and critical facilities of the customer

here,
> >> rather than anything about cars or companies.
> >>
> >> Leon
> >> --

> >Leon, did you forget to take a med or something? If the sited info was at
> >all confusing or misleading, it wouldn't be when compared to what you

said
> >here ........ what did you say here?
> >
> >Sorry, maybe it's just me!

> Maybe it is. I was just pointing out logical errors in the relevance
> of the numbers cited.
>
> I was not being personal to you.
>
> Or taking things out of context.
>
> Leon
>
> >Chris
> >99BBB
> >

> --
> Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
> http://www.dommelen.net/miata
> The only thing better than a white Miata is two white Miatas

Awful Customer Service D&LBusch VW water cooled 28 April 9th 06 02:44 PM
customer service Steve Byatt Alfa Romeo 19 April 3rd 06 12:24 PM
customer service Steve Byatt Alfa Romeo 0 March 27th 06 10:43 PM
customer Service Rick Ford Explorer 1 October 26th 05 03:22 PM
OT Customer Service or lack of it. Bill Berckman VW air cooled 12 May 12th 05 04:20 PM