10% Ethanol Gas Causing Poor Performance?

Old August 1st 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

Default 10% Ethanol Gas Causing Poor Performance?

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 19:47:59 +0200, P.J.Berg >
wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:15:06 +0200, Dennis > wrote:
>
>> On Jul 30, 9:09*pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
>>> "Dennis" > wrote in message

>>> *>Good god guys, I've run E- 10 in my vw's for 20 plus years and I've

>>> LOL.... "crap" because one guy thinks it.... sweet...
>>>
>>> anyway, over the 20 years or so i've been driving we are subjected to
>>> 10%
>>> ethanol at regular intervals...usually as the prices go up... and yes,
>>> it
>>> always made a difference... we don't just get it in our super or
>>> supreme we
>>> get it across the board...
>>>
>>> (FYI the engines were designed to run on lower octane fuels, not
>>> higher)

>> No friend, higher. I don't know much about a lot of stuff so I
>> usually end my postings with the quote that "this is just my opinion
>> of course". I did not do this on my last posting because I do know
>> about octane ratings, alcohol, and gasolines. I stand by all I said.
>> You did get me to check some of my older books( these books are older
>> than your driving experience and back when gasoline had some octane to
>> begin with). For example the 68 vw type 1 was designed to be timed on
>> 91 octane regular gas.

> That would be 91 Octane measured the way you do in the U.S. If I am not
> wrong it would be MON?(Measured Octane Number?)
> In Germany and the rest of Europe the Measure RON is used. And early
> air-cooled VW's have always been able to run 87 RON(Research Octane
> Number).
>
> J.

When I think of it, the U.S. standard might be (MON + RON) / 2 = Pump
Octane number. Not entirely sure though..

J.

Old August 2nd 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
>> now... personally i think the "i'm mad, so i'll take my ball and go home"
>> routine is overly done and a real bitch move... but that is up to you...
>> you've been here at RAMVA for years, to tuck your tale and run because
>> you
>> were questioned over a little misinformation is bull****... but have at
>> it...

> It's turn your TAIL and run.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me how you can come across as a dickhead 100%
> of the time. Congrats. I owe you a beer for such an astounding
> accomplishment.
>
> Chris

we have something in commone besides the name, prick... **** off...
everything I said was correct and accurate... it's "tuck your tail" ....
like a dog, you should understand that...

Old August 2nd 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
>> now... personally i think the "i'm mad, so i'll take my ball and go home"
>> routine is overly done and a real bitch move... but that is up to you...
>> you've been here at RAMVA for years, to tuck your tale and run because
>> you
>> were questioned over a little misinformation is bull****... but have at
>> it...

> It's turn your TAIL and run.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me how you can come across as a dickhead 100%
> of the time. Congrats. I owe you a beer for such an astounding
> accomplishment.
>
> Chris

and you suck at this interweb thingie... wanna post the same lame reply a
couple more times?

Old August 2nd 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

well **** me... i did say "tale"... but it's still "tuck"... rhymes with
"****" you...

Old August 2nd 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

> well **** me... i did say "tale"... but it's still "tuck"... rhymes with
> "****" you...

Right back at you, dickhead. Thanks for proving my point.

Chris
Old August 2nd 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
>> well **** me... i did say "tale"... but it's still "tuck"... rhymes with
>> "****" you...

> Right back at you, dickhead. Thanks for proving my point.
>
> Chris

pots, kettles, all that ****... stones being cast, yeah, you know... someone
has to prove your points, that's always your weak point... but i do love my
loyal following of pets... dance for me...

Old August 2nd 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

> pots, kettles, all that ****... stones being cast, yeah, you know... someone
> has to prove your points, that's always your weak point... but i do love my
> loyal following of pets... dance for me...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...rch+this+group

You and I have nothing in common. You're a dickhead. I'm not. And once
again, you have proven my point. And you still owe me 20 bucks.

Chris
Old August 2nd 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

take it to private email. You both are putting **** in my newsreader
display.
Old August 3rd 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_3_]

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 23:18:25 +0200, David Gravereaux >
wrote:

> take it to private email. You both are putting **** in my newsreader
> display.

Hear Hear!

J.

Old August 3rd 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
>> pots, kettles, all that ****... stones being cast, yeah, you know...
>> someone
>> has to prove your points, that's always your weak point... but i do love
>> my
>> loyal following of pets... dance for me...

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...rch+this+group
>
> You and I have nothing in common. You're a dickhead. I'm not. And once
> again, you have proven my point. And you still owe me 20 bucks.
>
> Chris

you can deny the "dickhead" part all you want, but to post that thread you
seriously need to read it... (you don't need me to prove a point, you did it
well, shows i still own you)it make you look like the chump you are then,
and it's even worse now... show me where i owe you 20 bucks and i'll paypal
it do you ASAP.... as i said, above, and you did, "dance for me"....
hahahaha...