A lap around "The Ring"

Old April 9th 05, 08:38 PM
John Wallace

Mitch_A wrote:

>>Oh, you mean *that* Queen. <shrug> Despite momentary lapses of
>>sanity (eg when Diana died) nobody really gives a f*ck about the

monarchy.
>>They're just a bunch of Germans imported to attract American tourists :-)

> Just like ya'll.... Blame the US for the Brittish Monarchy.... Why not
> you blame us for all your other problems why not this one. No matter how
> absurd...

Mitch, you *really* need to work on your literary comp. How you find
"blame" in that sentence, while missing the avarice is amazing.
Old April 9th 05, 08:40 PM
John Wallace

Bill Bollinger wrote:
> Do you even have a CLUE as to why Euro is worth more right now? Do you even
> have a CLUE as to what having a weak dollar does for our multinational and
> exporting corporations? When you even have a CLUE please respond.

Bill, if you'd like to know, just ask :-)
Old April 9th 05, 09:08 PM
John Wallace

Mitch_A wrote:
> Yes we do, but the way you make a valid point and back it up with fact
> instead of spin is why Ill listen so intently even if I do disagree. I know
> Im not always right and Im more than willing to listen to an intelligent
> post and thats what will sway me to that view, not calling me names.
>
> Id be happy to tilt a p[int or two with ya someday John!

Believe me, having come back from my first day's mountain biking since
breaking my wrist, a pint sounds superb. To counter the Scottish myth,
I'll even pay!

Short arms and deep pockets indeed! :-)
Old April 9th 05, 09:12 PM
Mitch_A

Yea, I been told dat before, along with, "you aint the sharpest knife in the
drawer r ya" or "did ur momma drop ya as a child"

Oh yea, wth is a avarice

Mitch

"John Wallace" > wrote in > Mitch, you *really* need

Old April 9th 05, 10:24 PM
John Wallace

Mitch_A wrote:

> Oh yea, wth is a avarice

Highest mountain in the world

:-)
Old April 9th 05, 11:30 PM
elrikk

"John Wallace" > wrote in message
> Mitch_A wrote:
>
> > Oh yea, wth is a avarice

> Highest mountain in the world
>
> :-)

LOL. ;o)

Elrikk

Old April 10th 05, 09:05 AM
Bill Bollinger

Well of course John, and MOST people would say that most sports figures
shouldn't get paid as much as they do either. Free country and no limit on
wages, that is a good thing. I would assume that you would rather tax
people at 100% bracket if they earn over 30k. That way everyone could be
equally miserable

Bill

Old April 10th 05, 09:07 AM
Bill Bollinger

I could CARE LESS what the UN says - As I am sure most Americans would
say/vote as well. Therefore, who cares how far we fell short

Bill

Old April 10th 05, 09:14 AM
Bill Bollinger

Ok, go ahead and explain. I would love to hear this

Bill

P.S. I am just having fun --- I do lean to the right, but like having
debates with the left every so often.

Old April 10th 05, 07:29 PM
John Wallace

Bill Bollinger wrote:
> Well of course John, and MOST people would say that most sports figures
> shouldn't get paid as much as they do either. Free country and no limit on
> wages, that is a good thing. I would assume that you would rather tax
> people at 100% bracket if they earn over 30k. That way everyone could be
> equally miserable

You should learn not to assume - you'd post fewer incorrect suppositions.

It's funny those with the freedom to award themselves such salaries
highly approve, but those self same people also howl in horror when a
minimum wage is set. Reason is it protects people from exploitation by
"the market".

Freedom is assumed to be universal, but it's not, at least not the kind
we have. It's extremely highly contextual, and cannot be considered to
be equally applied to all.

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 12:25 PM
99 Cobra cracked ring cgun Ford Mustang 10 February 22nd 05 05:33 PM
Anyone heard the new NFL Ring tones? [email protected] Driving 4 January 11th 05 02:40 PM
cause of broken ring gear teeth RLGIRSCH 4x4 0 October 11th 04 09:05 PM