OT / Solving Three Problems That The US Has

Old October 3rd 07, 05:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default OT / Solving Three Problems That The US Has

"PJ" > wrote in message
Snip

> My great-great-great-grandfather arrived in Philadelphia from
> Amsterdam with his family. He registered himself and the family
> members with an Anglo spelling of their German surname.
>
> The legend is that they established English as the standard at meals
> and worship. The only vestige of German is a pdf scan of the family
> bible brought from .
>
> --
> pj

To keep this off topic going - - I sure would love to find that kind
of information such as you have in the bible. I went to Liverpool to
find more on my family back in '94 and only added to the mystery of my
fore fathers. Although the left from that port there name disappears
in Germany. The only last name connection I can find from there is
spelled different, German/Russian spelling. Frederic and Catherine
were like Joe and Jane have been in the USA and even the nine kids
were fairly common. Dead end at about 1804.

Old October 4th 07, 12:18 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"lab~rat >:-)" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 14:41:56 -0500, "'Key" >
> puked:
>
>>I think we could solve three problems the US has very
>>easily...
>>
>>1. Dig a Mote about 75 yards wide, the entire length of
>>the
>>border between the US and Mexico.
>>2. Take the dirt that we dug up and send it to New Orleans
>>and build up the levees.
>>3. Take the problem Gators from the Florida Keys and put
>>them in the Mote on the border.
>>
>>No More Border Crossing !!!
>>
>>my2¢
>>---
>>'Key
>>========
>>

> You forgot the part about having prisoners hand-dig the
> 'mote'...
>
> --
> lab~rat >:-)
> Stupid humans...

ok,
make it "Four Problems That The US Has"

keep adding
and it may become cost efficient...

--
'Key
=====

Old October 8th 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Dad wrote:

> "PJ" > wrote in message
> Snip
>>
>> My great-great-great-grandfather arrived in Philadelphia from
>> Amsterdam with his family. He registered himself and the family
>> members with an Anglo spelling of their German surname.
>>
>> The legend is that they established English as the standard at meals
>> and worship. The only vestige of German is a pdf scan of the family
>> bible brought from .
>>
>> --
>> pj
>>

> To keep this off topic going - - I sure would love to find that kind of
> information such as you have in the bible. I went to Liverpool to find
> more on my family back in '94 and only added to the mystery of my fore
> fathers. Although the left from that port there name disappears in
> Germany. The only last name connection I can find from there is spelled
> different, German/Russian spelling. Frederic and Catherine were like Joe
> and Jane have been in the USA and even the nine kids were fairly common.
> Dead end at about 1804.

Sometimes it's better to not rattle the bones of the family skeleton.
My Sis was checking out our Mom's side of the family (bunch of rebels
that slipped in through Baltimore). Came across a properly named gent
(surname = Outlaw) whose cause of death was recorded as "hanged."

I've mostly outgrown road-rage... {{8-|
--
pj
Old October 12th 07, 09:35 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

"Butcher" > wrote in message
t...
>> People will assimilate. Maybe not as fast as we'd hope or wish.
>>
>> AJM
>>

> In the past the immigration was mostly legal and controlled, these
> immigrants wanted to assimilate and become Americans. Today we have
> literally thousands a day coming across the border illegally and they do
> not want to assimilate, they continue to speak Spanish and want us to
> change teaching, written materials, etc. to accommodate them. They want
> 'free' education, healthcare, childcare (wow they have lots of kids!),
> they want to have their own communities separate from us and want us to
> change our laws and culture just to accommodate them. Go research the
> Balkans and see what 'multiculturalism' does to communities over the long
> term (and when Serbia got sick of the illegal hordes scumbag Clinton sided
> with the Muslims there!). Heard of La Raza? "The Race" in English, it's
> a Mexican organization that believes the Hispanic race is superior to
> white people and wants the southwest United States incorporated into
> Mexico. Goodbye Arizona, New Mexico and most of California and Texas. I
> see these arrogant Mexicans everyday here in Texas they don't respect our
> laws, our people or our culture and if we let these people get what they
> want the United States is finished.
>
> Butcher
> '96 LT-4 CE

This is the root of the problem. We have had millions of immigrants over
the years, yet, most came here to live, to earn, to become Americans. Many
struggled, had a hard time learning the language, and often suffered for
their broken English. But they tried and eventually became Americans and
spoke enough to get by.

I don't remember reading of any time that a group came here and DEMANDED,
yes, demanded we change to their language so they could fit in. (Well, the
exception is the English taking over the lands of the Indian tribes.)

This problem puts a real strain on our economy, in the free services we have
to give out, the law enforcement that has to grow, and the lowering of wages
by people who will work below minimum wage and often without withholding
taxes.

Add that to the number of American jobs shipped out of the country by
American companies constantly and we are really in a mess.

Old October 13th 07, 12:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Tom in Missouri wrote:
> "Butcher" > wrote in message
> t...
>>> People will assimilate. Maybe not as fast as we'd hope or wish.
>>>
>>> AJM
>>>

>> In the past the immigration was mostly legal and controlled, these
>> immigrants wanted to assimilate and become Americans. Today we have
>> literally thousands a day coming across the border illegally and they do
>> not want to assimilate, they continue to speak Spanish and want us to
>> change teaching, written materials, etc. to accommodate them. They want
>> 'free' education, healthcare, childcare (wow they have lots of kids!),
>> they want to have their own communities separate from us and want us to
>> change our laws and culture just to accommodate them. Go research the
>> Balkans and see what 'multiculturalism' does to communities over the long
>> term (and when Serbia got sick of the illegal hordes scumbag Clinton sided
>> with the Muslims there!). Heard of La Raza? "The Race" in English, it's
>> a Mexican organization that believes the Hispanic race is superior to
>> white people and wants the southwest United States incorporated into
>> Mexico. Goodbye Arizona, New Mexico and most of California and Texas. I
>> see these arrogant Mexicans everyday here in Texas they don't respect our
>> laws, our people or our culture and if we let these people get what they
>> want the United States is finished.
>>
>> Butcher
>> '96 LT-4 CE

> This is the root of the problem. We have had millions of immigrants over
> the years, yet, most came here to live, to earn, to become Americans. Many
> struggled, had a hard time learning the language, and often suffered for
> their broken English. But they tried and eventually became Americans and
> spoke enough to get by.
>
> I don't remember reading of any time that a group came here and DEMANDED,
> yes, demanded we change to their language so they could fit in. (Well, the
> exception is the English taking over the lands of the Indian tribes.)
>
> This problem puts a real strain on our economy, in the free services we have
> to give out, the law enforcement that has to grow, and the lowering of wages
> by people who will work below minimum wage and often without withholding
> taxes.
>
> Add that to the number of American jobs shipped out of the country by
> American companies constantly and we are really in a mess.

Just learned something else a couple of
months ago:

.... that matter of getting out of jury duty
since such a 'citizen' can't accurately
follow the proceedings...

--
pj