Actual Miata question - Skip Cannon or FM rear brace?

Old March 28th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Actual Miata question - Skip Cannon or FM rear brace?

I have a Flying Miata rear brace on my current miata, and am about to
take a Skip Cannon rear brace off of another miata.
Is one better than the other? The FM has the advantage of already being
on the car, but it is not a difficult swap to do.
Whichever one I do not keep will be for sale. I think that this brace is
specific to the 1990 - 1991 model years.

I will also have a FM STB with hood prop at the same time that will fit
1990 - 1997 miatas.

Thanks!

Pat
Old March 28th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> I have a Flying Miata rear brace on my current miata, and am about to
> take a Skip Cannon rear brace off of another miata.
> Is one better than the other?

Aren't they the same thing? The FM website lists it as "Flyin` Miata
Cannon rear subframe brace."
Old March 29th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Aren't they the same thing? The FM website lists it as "Flyin` Miata
> Cannon rear subframe brace."

Derrrr, I believe you are correct. I guess the one stays on my car. I
took the Flying Miata strut tower brace off last night.

It will be up on Ebay tonight. It has some wear from hood rubbing but is
fully intact and includes the hood prop bar that is attached to the STB.

If anyone wants to check it out I can send them a link or you can just
search for "Flying Miata Strut Tower Bar" starting sometime around 8:00
central time.

The rear brace will follow soon, and I think that the car also has a set
of 1990 - 1993 Flying Miata swaybars, I need to make sure of the brand
but they are too thick to be stock.

BTW Lanny, two people battled for that pink poodle mug and took it up to
$15.45.
I noticed that it did not go to PA, so I am assuming that Iva passed on
her prize of free shipping on this exquisite item.

Thanks!

Pat
Old March 29th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"pws" > wrote

> I took the Flying Miata strut tower brace off last night.
>
> It will be up on Ebay tonight. It has some wear from hood rubbing but is
> fully intact and includes the hood prop bar that is attached to the STB.
>
> If anyone wants to check it out I can send them a link or you can just
> search for "Flying Miata Strut Tower Bar" starting sometime around 8:00
> central time.

Is this where I jump in and point out the Miata doesn't have struts?

Actually Pat I might be interested in the rear brace for my wife's '90. As
much as I hate eBay I'll have to watch for it.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old March 30th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Ken Lyons wrote:

> Is this where I jump in and point out the Miata doesn't have struts?

Excruse me, make that Shock Tower Brace. Turtle, tortoise, shocks,
struts, it's just too much to keep track of.....

> Actually Pat I might be interested in the rear brace for my wife's '90. As
> much as I hate eBay I'll have to watch for it.

Hate Ebay!
Believe me, I understand. My total sales are around 3500 items. My total
purchases are about 9 or 10, with most of those being in the first year.

Let me pull that thing off of there this weekend, hopefully the rain
will be gone by Sunday, and I will see what it looks like.
We might be able to work a deal without paying those *******s, I mean
those wonderful people that own that online auction site.

Of course, then you would have to trust me to actually send it to you. ;-)

Pat
Old March 30th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"pws" > wrote
> Of course, then you would have to trust me to actually send it to you. ;-)

Yes. Who know? You might skip town to Seattle or someplace...

For payment you can just get my credit card information from the TJX
database.

Ken

Old March 30th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Ken Lyons" > wrote:

> For payment you can just get my credit card information from the
> TJX database.

Or you could just post it here..... <GD&R>

Be sure to include the expiration date and the security code, OK?