1990 Bus

Old August 13th 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Garth[_2_]

Default 1990 Bus

I recently started a The Volkswagen Repair Blog as part of the 30 Day
Challenge. The blog is showing up on the first page of Google when
searching for Volkswagen Repair. Based on my research there are people
who are looking for answers and most likely not getting them. In fact,
a couple of people have left comments who sound like they need help.
What do you make of these comments:

1990 van 2wd
stopped in driveway after starting and starting to back up the
starting and running at this time was smooth
but i went ahead and replaced the cap roter wiers air filter coil no
help still cant get it to do any thing when its rurnning over i can at
different attemps smell the fuel comeing out the tail pipe and it has
a good spark to the eye this model doesnt have a timeing belt but it
does have a ignition modual or possable the problem could be in the
fuel injecters but this is unfermilar teritory to me plese advise

And the second:
I have a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta w/51,000 miles, I heard a rattling
noise under the hood and the check engine light is on, the car failed
the vehicle inspection for the following codes: PO171 System too Lean
(Bank1) & PO102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input, the VW
Dealership said the Secondary Air hose is broken, the mass air flow
meter is faulty & the tech noted secondary air pump brackets are
broken and the repairs would cost $930. I am a little old lady, can
you shed some light on this. This seems like a manufacturing problem
more than one of wear & tear. Please help me. Thank you.

I'm sure these people would appreciate the collective support. Your
input is appreciated.

All the best!

Garth

P.S. Feel free to drop by and see the blog so far - it's been up about
4 days...
http://www.volkswagenrepair.net
Old August 13th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Andrew

Sorry to be the bringer of sad news... this is aircooled, not the
watercooled forum.

Old August 14th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Moro Grubb of Little Delving

"Garth" > wrote in message
>I recently started a The Volkswagen Repair Blog as part of the 30 Day
> Challenge. The blog is showing up on the first page of Google when
> searching for Volkswagen Repair. Based on my research there are people
> who are looking for answers and most likely not getting them. In fact,
> a couple of people have left comments who sound like they need help.
> What do you make of these comments:
>
> 1990 van 2wd
> stopped in driveway after starting and starting to back up the
> starting and running at this time was smooth
> but i went ahead and replaced the cap roter wiers air filter coil no
> help still cant get it to do any thing when its rurnning over i can at
> different attemps smell the fuel comeing out the tail pipe and it has
> a good spark to the eye this model doesnt have a timeing belt but it
> does have a ignition modual or possable the problem could be in the
> fuel injecters but this is unfermilar teritory to me plese advise

Well, I can tell right off the bat that this is someone who doesn't re-read
their e-mails before pressing the send button. They also clearly skipped
class the day they covered capitalization and punctuation, and entirely
missed the semester they discussed spelling.

Sorry, but that's about all I can make of these comments.

/M

Old August 17th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Aug 13, 7:43*pm, "Moro Grubb of Little Delving"
> wrote:
> "Garth" > wrote in message
> Well, I can tell right off the bat that this is someone who doesn't re-read
> their e-mails before pressing the send button. They also clearly skipped
> class the day they covered capitalization and punctuation, and entirely
> missed the semester they discussed spelling.

They also missed the part about "air-cooled engines". Unless someone
is driving around a 1990's van with a 40hp 1500 engine installed to
it. :-)

BLOG FAIL.

-Steve Ballantyne
68' Bug

TC 1990 2.5l & E85 Archet Chrysler 0 July 4th 08 08:18 AM
1990 C4 wipers Ivan Sedneff Corvette 2 July 31st 07 03:30 PM
value of 1990 v8 peter Audi 5 October 18th 06 10:24 PM
help 1990 zr-1 rebco10 Corvette 15 March 11th 06 12:18 AM
1990 punkyw Honda 0 March 14th 05 09:54 PM