Audi A4 1996 1.9 tdi ERROR/FAULT CODES

Old October 21st 05, 05:40 PM
Bobby Monk

Default Audi A4 1996 1.9 tdi ERROR/FAULT CODES

Dear all,

i've just driven back from work and as i started the engine the digital
odometer display showed '1 n 1' normally where the trip is shown.

Now i know i need to take it to audi for a service as it has just hit 110k
but i'd like to know if there is anything specific i need to ask for ?

Thanks for all your help in advance

Bob

Old October 21st 05, 06:00 PM
Ronny

"Bobby Monk" > wrote in message
> Dear all,
>

> i've just driven back from work and as i started the engine the digital
> odometer display showed '1 n 1' normally where the trip is shown.
>
> Now i know i need to take it to audi for a service as it has just hit 110k
> but i'd like to know if there is anything specific i need to ask for ?
>

> Thanks for all your help in advance
>
> Bob

Hi Bob, it's not 1n1 its IN1 which stands for interval 1, meaning a big
service, IN2 = small service, OIL = oil change

hth

Old October 22nd 05, 02:38 AM
Tony Curran

Timing belt, water pump, thermostat etc..

Tony
96 S6

Old October 22nd 05, 08:54 AM
Bobby Monk

how long do will i normally have to get it serviced? the earliest i can get
it in is a week today, 29th october but will need to use it through the
week? will i do more damage to the car if i use it now it flashes with the
interval service?

thanks

Bob
. ..

Old October 22nd 05, 09:38 AM
Ronny

"Bobby Monk" > wrote in message
> how long do will i normally have to get it serviced? the earliest i can
> get it in is a week today, 29th october but will need to use it through
> the week? will i do more damage to the car if i use it now it flashes with
> the interval service?
>
> thanks
>
> Bob

You can drive it as long as you want, it's up to you when you take it in,
and your timing belt is not due on the 110k mile service, unless you changed
it at around 60k. if you have not have the timing belt done at all, I would
suggest not driving it all, as 110k miles is asking for serious trouble.

login codes for audi a8 2.8 vag -com obd blueyo Audi 1 June 1st 09 05:21 PM
draining limps speed Audi A4 B5 1996 1.6liters Mateo Audi 1 April 5th 05 07:41 PM
Audi A4 TDi, 1996 del Audi 3 December 9th 04 11:05 AM
audi vw cd includes secter air con codes news.blueyonder.co.uk VW water cooled 0 October 31st 04 10:39 PM
engine computer codes on 95 Audi? Frank Audi 3 October 20th 04 03:12 AM