a6 advice

Old October 17th 05, 07:28 PM

Default a6 advice

Hope someone can give me some advice.

I'm thinking of buying an audi a6 2000 X reg 1.9 tdi, 80k on the clock,
timing belt not done. Asking price £6.5K. My main concern is
servicing costs. I'd be looking to keep the car for 3 years. Anybody
any ideas of approx servicing costs? I've had quotes for annual
servicing of between £250 and £300. But my main concern is anything
big likely to go wrong in that 3 years? When do Turbo's normally go?
Anything else I should look out for?

Many thanks

Bob

Old October 18th 05, 04:56 PM
Martin Smith

On 2005-10-18 10:35:16 +0100, "+ Rob +" > said:

> I'm a bit concerned about that too with my TT 3.2. Because, so far, in
> roughly a year of ownership, it hasn't exactly shown itself to be either
> very reliable or particularly durable. So I'm afraid repair costs will
> become quite large if I decide to keep the car past its initial warranty
> period.
> From a reliability standpoint....I've already had the instrument cluster
> replaced due to a non-functioning fuel gauge. I've had intermittent issues
> with all sorts of things software-related -- windows getting temporarily
> stuck slightly open, the coolant level sensor and headlight sensors falsely
> indicating problems, etc. Also, the dashboard has started to come loose on
> the driver's side. And the outside-facing "fold forward" lever on the
> passenger seat no longer works.
> And from a durability standpoint.....I've already managed to bend a rim
> and have 3 flat tires during decidely non-aggressive driving.....which
> surely is not the fault of Audi, but frustrating nevertheless.
> That said, I still love the car immensely. Go figure.....

Mines been pretty solid to date other than a strange vibration, almost
a buzz, felt on the accelerator around 1500-2000 revs.