Dark Side of Hybrid Vehicles

Old August 2nd 05, 03:48 AM
SoCalMike

Old August 2nd 05, 03:50 AM
SoCalMike

Sparky Spartacus wrote:
>> Hardly any bias evident there! lol....
>>
>> He drives an F-350 dually and a H2.

> "While the greenies and their flunkies in the so-called major media
> palpitate over the future of the hybrid..."
>
> I got this far. Brock Yates is past his shelf life.

what ya expect from a rich, fat, old, alcoholic white man? dudes got a
nose like WC fields...
Old August 2nd 05, 03:54 AM
jim beam

Abeness wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>
>> /please/ read sci.materials abe. pretty please?

> Look, jim, Uncle Al won't convince me that it's unworkable (though I
> gotta say his "****anium" comment in anotehr thread had me in stitches).
> So there are technical challenges to surmount? So it's currently an
> expensive proposition? So it may not be the most efficient thing around?
> Does that make it impossible? No.

no, it's not impossible, but neither is actively reducing the mercury
content of the oceans or mining manganese from the moon. it's just
wildly dangerous and spectacularly uneconomic. sounds great politically
though, that /that's/ what the whole hydrogen car hoopla is all about.
and the extraction of "research funds" of course.

Old August 2nd 05, 07:18 AM
Sparky Spartacus

SoCalMike wrote:

> Sparky Spartacus wrote:
>
>>> Hardly any bias evident there! lol....
>>>
>>> He drives an F-350 dually and a H2.

>> "While the greenies and their flunkies in the so-called major media
>> palpitate over the future of the hybrid..."
>>
>> I got this far. Brock Yates is past his shelf life.

> what ya expect from a rich, fat, old, alcoholic white man?

About what the article said.

> dudes got a nose like WC fields...

Oy!
Old August 2nd 05, 02:51 PM
Casey

Abeness said
> Casey wrote:
> > Don't believe everything you see on the Internet.

> Hah hah, thanks for refs, Casey. Normally I don't, but this one
> apparently slipped under the radar.

This seems to be one of the ones that slips under most people's radar.
I've overheard conversations where the topic was that "crazy-looking
idea for a home computer with a steering wheel". It does look just
like something out of an old Popular Science magazine.

Casey
Old August 2nd 05, 04:05 PM
Abeness

jim beam wrote:
> no, it's not impossible, but neither is actively reducing the mercury
> content of the oceans or mining manganese from the moon. it's just
> wildly dangerous and spectacularly uneconomic. sounds great politically
> though, that /that's/ what the whole hydrogen car hoopla is all about.
> and the extraction of "research funds" of course.

Maybe so. Out of curiosity, what would be your suggestion for an
alternative power source for consumer vehicles?
Old August 2nd 05, 05:20 PM

Gordon McGrew > wrote:

> So could someone please summarize this dirty little secret?

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=9489
The hybrid portion is filled with diatribe and a few factoids.

http://fareedzakaria.com/articles/newsweek/030705.html

--
---

LIDAR Trial this Week [email protected] Driving 17 April 9th 06 02:44 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Mission impossible: Replacing prelude side lamp bulb Chris Honda 3 July 12th 05 01:52 PM
98 Intrigue Dual A/C blows warm on one side John Clonts Technology 0 July 9th 05 09:56 PM
What the heck is Dark Khaki Roy Jeep 3 January 25th 05 02:54 PM