Fuel smell

Old February 20th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_2_]

Default Fuel smell

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 05:09:05 +0100, YMC >
wrote:

> "davygrvy" > wrote in message
>> Brought to you by an M$ koolaid junkie.. Destroying USENET, one group
>> at a time with broken equipment. So how do like Vista? Ain't it the
>> fastest, most compatible OS M$ has ever made? They shot it out of the
>> ballpark with that one.

> I have Vista Ultimate installed on my other (more expensive) machine -
> the
> stupid thing can't go to sleep properly. If it does, the screen won't
> turn
> back on. The only way is for a reboot. I did it the other day and the
> system
> crashed - requiring a repair. Bloody Asus was too cheap skate to provide
> an
> installation disk but instead provided a rescue disk- which would have
> wiped
> out all the data on C drive.
>
> Unfortunately, MY FOLDER cannot be easily moved from C drive to D drive -
> try it. In XP, its really simple. In Vista its practically impossible to
> move the whole dir over in one complete piece.
>
> In short I hate MS.

I am so extremely happy I switched to Mac some three years ago..
Been dealing with a couple of Vista machines for family members lately, it
sucks big time.
If you sneeze in the same room it will crash.

Regarding Asus, at least you get a recovery disk, with Acer you get nada!
Burn your own,, But it comes with D2D and image on hidden partition, so
you can reset/reinstall to factory standard only using keyboard.

Bought two laptops before Christmas, one Acer and one Asus, the Acer
chrashed already on the first setup, went in for service/repairs today.
Asus is running fine, Asus is also the machine which seems more solid,
better keyboard etc. The box it came in whas not as fancy as Acers.. :-)
But was delivered with mouse and carry bag.

Spoke to the guy in the shop(They sell a wide variety of makes, computer
shop only), and he recomended Asus. Claimed it was the Mercedes of Asia
produced machines..(Hp had the highest return rate).

J.

Old February 20th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_2_]

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:39:37 +0100, Jan Andersson
> wrote:

> davygrvy wrote:
>> Hey Joey,
>> You realize that M$ hasn't updated OE since Aug. 2004? IMO, that's
>> some bad code rot. Here's a description of that Outlook (and Express)
>> bug:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook...ned_mess ages
>> It really is a problem regarding RFC1847 support, not exactly OpenPGP/
>> MIME specific, if, by chance, you happen to do the research..

> Use Mozilla Thunderbird and adjust your settings to plain text, and be
> done with it. It's one of the best news readers and I have been using it
> for years. It's based on the old Netscape reader which I started using
> in the mid 90's.
>
> I love it and couldn't ask for anything more

I have been using Thunderbird since I got the Mac because I wanted a
newsreader in the same proggy as mail(Like O.E.).
But started to use Opera's built in Newsreader and mail program a couple
of weeks ago, Three in one!!

The reason for the swap: Thunderbirds bad memory leak..
It is no longer suported either, so you will not see any further updates.
The word now is Seamonkey. have not tried it myself..

Ps.
Opera is free for all plattforms, 9.26 was released today.

Old February 20th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
P.J.Berg[_2_]

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:32:56 +0100, Michael Cecil >
wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:58:53 +0100, "P.J.Berg"
> >
> wrote:
>
>> The reason for the swap: Thunderbirds bad memory leak..
>> It is no longer suported either, so you will not see any further
>> updates.

> Where'd you hear that? Thunderbird 3 is in beta right now. I think
> maybe
> you misheard the announcement about Mozilla splitting off Thunderbird
> from
> Firefox back last June or July.

Hhmm, could very well be, was dead sure I read it was dropped, so I have a
memory leak too. 8*}

J.

Old February 21st 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson

P.J.Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:39:37 +0100, Jan Andersson
> > wrote:
>
>> davygrvy wrote:
>>> Hey Joey,
>>> You realize that M$ hasn't updated OE since Aug. 2004? IMO, that's
>>> some bad code rot. Here's a description of that Outlook (and Express)
>>> bug:
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook...ned_mess ages
>>>
>>> It really is a problem regarding RFC1847 support, not exactly OpenPGP/
>>> MIME specific, if, by chance, you happen to do the research..

>> Use Mozilla Thunderbird and adjust your settings to plain text, and be
>> done with it. It's one of the best news readers and I have been using
>> it for years. It's based on the old Netscape reader which I started
>> using in the mid 90's.
>>
>> I love it and couldn't ask for anything more
>>

> I have been using Thunderbird since I got the Mac because I wanted a
> newsreader in the same proggy as mail(Like O.E.).
> But started to use Opera's built in Newsreader and mail program a couple
> of weeks ago, Three in one!!
>
> The reason for the swap: Thunderbirds bad memory leak..
> It is no longer suported either, so you will not see any further updates.
> The word now is Seamonkey. have not tried it myself..

> Ps.
> Opera is free for all plattforms, 9.26 was released today.

I don't want to update something that works perfectly! LOL
Old February 21st 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:29:55 -0500, Jan Andersson
> > wrote:
>
>> I don't want to update something that works perfectly! LOL

> Same reason to stick with acvws

Hey, that makes sense
Old February 21st 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

davygrvy wrote:
> Hey Joey,
>
> You realize that M$ hasn't updated OE since Aug. 2004? IMO, that's
> some bad code rot. Here's a description of that Outlook (and Express)
> bug: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook...ned_mess ages
>
> It really is a problem regarding RFC1847 support, not exactly OpenPGP/
> MIME specific, if, by chance, you happen to do the research..

But nobody really ****ing cares. I would suggest if you are interested
in a discussion of such you take it to a computer group not an aircooled
VW group.

Fuel Smell - Defrost [email protected][_2_] BMW 7 December 15th 07 01:10 AM
fuel smell [email protected] VW air cooled 1 September 10th 07 07:03 PM
Fuel Smell Spike VW air cooled 10 August 13th 06 02:48 PM
Smell Fuel on E39 ChrisJ BMW 3 July 21st 06 12:29 PM
Smell of fuel R. P. Honda 4 October 20th 05 12:41 AM