To the owners of A6

Old December 22nd 04, 02:21 PM
Dave LaCourse

Ronny writes:

> - one day maybe
>
>Till then I gotta stick to a 1.8T quattro, which isn't such a bad thing

Operative word being "quattro". I've driven a friends 1.8T and it's a lot of
fun.

When you get to be an old geezer and the kids are edumacated and the house is
paid off, *then* ya can get that RS6. I never would have made it to old
geezerhood if I had an RS6 when I was 21.

d;o)

Old December 22nd 04, 04:51 PM
cp

> or will be looking for another one. In case if this is an original
> design, then I feel sorry for you guys, you drive a piece of junk.

A piece of junk because of that? Perhaps you are the one with the mental
problem? A piece of junk is a Lada or a Zaporozhets, not some design
peculiarity in a car such as the A6.

Ti ruski? Nye priyezhdzhai v innuyu stranu ludyei visivat'. With a name like
'vlad' you must be Russian/Ukrainian, couldn't imagine Americans naming
their kid 'vlad'; I suggest you don't insult people in a country where you are
an immigrant.

cp

Old December 22nd 04, 09:03 PM
Rune Skigelstrand

"Pete" wrote in message

> Volvo S60R comes with a manual tranny. Not sure how good their AWD system
> is though.

Check out this test performed by a german TV-channel:
http://www.supercars.de/html/related....html?link=853

Quattro obviously "rules".

Regards
Rune
-98 A6 Avant/Q 2.8 Tip

Old December 22nd 04, 10:01 PM
Pete

"Rune Skigelstrand" wrote

> Check out this test performed by a german TV-channel:
> http://www.supercars.de/html/related....html?link=853
>
> Quattro obviously "rules".

And this "test" is obviously rigged. I commented on this video a few
days ago - you might be able to find my post in this newsgroup.

Cheers,

Pete

Old December 23rd 04, 03:41 AM
LIW

"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message

> Love the RS6. Just coming up on 15K joy filled miles. It embarasses the

hell
> out of most Corvettes and Porsches, but blasting STS "Dudes" is about as

much
> fun as you can have in any car.

Hmmmmmmmm........... I'll just have to settle.

Larry

02 Audi S8
04 Corvette C5 Coupe

Old December 23rd 04, 06:08 AM
Dan Koren

"KIP" > wrote in message
> KLS > wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:05:53 -0600, KIP > wrote:

> > >Me and my wife test drove a 2001 A6 2.7T 6M and found a couple of
> > >glitches which I would like to share with the group. The steering
> > >wheel does not provide a reasonable response even in turns, and
> > >the gas pedal is so light that you do not feel any resistance at
> > >all. As far as I know it is a 'drive-by-wire' system, not a direct
> > >link, and it might be a cause of the problem.

> > Subaru is a lot cheaper than Audi, so do consider it (advice from
> > someone with a 1999 Legacy Outback and a 1998 Audi A4 2.8Q), but these
> > two features of the car you drove are not normal for an Audi. Pass on
> > that car and find a different Audi.

> 2001 A6s are coming off lease, and those with a stick shift are rare, at
> least in my area. Only two of them are near by. Not too many choices
> unfortunately. I'll try to look onto another one later this week.

Then ask yourself whether having a stick-shift is a
real requirement, or just a prejudice or superstition
from another time. There isn't anything a stick-shift
can do that an automatic cannot -- especially one like
Audi's Tiptronic, which you can always drive as if it
were a stick without having to worry about replacing
clutches.

dk

Old December 23rd 04, 02:58 PM
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

It befuddles me why anyone will want a stick shift luxury car. Especially
when the same model offers a tiptronic.

This is why I ended up with an Audi and not a WRX.

--
_________________________________
http://austinmini.ositech.net

Old December 23rd 04, 06:38 PM
Peter Smith

"AustinMini.OsiTech.Net" (remove)> wrote...

<< It befuddles me why anyone will want a stick shift luxury car...This is
why I ended up with an Audi and not a WRX. >>

It befuddles me that anybody could use the words "luxury car" and "WRX" in
the same sentence, in the manner in which you have.

Peter Smith

Old December 23rd 04, 07:42 PM
Dan Koren

As you may have noticed, mindsets take a lot longer to
change than technology. 50 years ago, automatics were
clunkier, heavier and less fuel efficient than stick
shifts, not to mention less responsive. They were
also less reliable. Nowadays, things have reversed
completely. Even race cars use automatics nowadays.
Race drivers cannot shift as quickly as an automatic.

Some people however still cling to their prejudices.

Personally, I'd like to see stick-shifts outlawed
as they are a definite safety hazard.

dk

Old December 23rd 04, 08:22 PM
Doug Haseltine

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:42:17 -0500, Dan Koren wrote:

> As you may have noticed, mindsets take a lot longer to
> change than technology. 50 years ago, automatics were
> clunkier, heavier and less fuel efficient than stick
> shifts, not to mention less responsive. They were
> also less reliable. Nowadays, things have reversed
> completely. Even race cars use automatics nowadays.
> Race drivers cannot shift as quickly as an automatic.
>
> Some people however still cling to their prejudices.
>
> Personally, I'd like to see stick-shifts outlawed
> as they are a definite safety hazard.

I just wish the A6 tiptronic offered something closer
to the 0.2 second tip shift in the higher end Euro
sport cars. Seems like most the time our cars are
closer to 3-5 times slower than that. Other brands
measure and brag about their tip shift times. I
haven't seen those numbers in any A6/8 brochure. But
then the typical Audi customer is probably more
concerned about the smoothness of the shift rather than
the rate.

Attention All GT Owners Pinot Grigio Alfa Romeo 6 November 30th 04 10:59 AM
1985 4000S owner's manual dave AKA vwdoc1 Audi 0 October 27th 04 04:33 AM
147 2.0 TS Lusso any owners review eeyore7 Alfa Romeo 1 October 15th 04 05:42 PM
Owners Manual - Need Help vijatov Audi 1 June 25th 04 03:04 PM
156 owners manual fmt Alfa Romeo 0 June 16th 04 09:56 PM