2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi

Old March 22nd 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
ThaBigCheese

Default 2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi

Need a little help, my 2001 Concorde has difficulty starting sometimes. 3.2L
V6. I get in to start it, turn the ignition and nothing, then I'll turn the
ignition and it'll start right up and run fine. Sometimes it starts on the
first turn, sometimes on the 3rd. Sometimes I'll turn the ignition and hold
it and it'll start after 2 or 3 seconds. I think it might be electrical, but
I'm not sure, I just want to be pointed in the right direction so I can start
to analyze it before I decide to take it into my mechanic. Thanks,

Old March 22nd 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

ThaBigCheese wrote:

> Need a little help, my 2001 Concorde has difficulty starting sometimes. 3.2L
> V6. I get in to start it, turn the ignition and nothing, then I'll turn the
> ignition and it'll start right up and run fine. Sometimes it starts on the
> first turn, sometimes on the 3rd. Sometimes I'll turn the ignition and hold
> it and it'll start after 2 or 3 seconds. I think it might be electrical, but
> I'm not sure, I just want to be pointed in the right direction so I can start
> to analyze it before I decide to take it into my mechanic. Thanks,

If you mean that you turn the key, and the starter does not turn (total
silence other than maybe a click), then most likely the starter solenoid
contacts are shot - almost always the cause of this symptom in Chrysler
cars, including the LH's (300M, Concorde, Intrepid, LHS). Do a search
on this newsgroup or on the 300M forum
(http://300mclub.org/forums/index.php) and you'll find instructions as
well as ideas for good, inexpensive sources for the contacts from local
(rebuilder) or internet/mail order sources. The good news: Inexpensive
parts, relatively easy job to replace, you don't have to replace the
whole starter. Bad news: None.

The (distant) second most likely cause would be a poor connection at the
positive jump post connection (passenger side near top front of engine),
or at the battery. Next suspect would be bad ignition switch.

A betting man would say bad starter solenoid contacts.

BTW - come on over the 300M Club and forums - great place to hang out
and get information on your car. I personally own two 2nd gen.
Concordes. There are no good "Concorde" forums, but the Concordes and
M's are 95+% the same car mechanically and electrically, and they will
welcome you.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old March 22nd 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
ThaBigCheese via CarKB.com

Thanks Bill, I will give changing the starter solenoids a go and then work my
way down the list. I'll let you know the outcome.

Old March 22nd 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

ThaBigCheese via CarKB.com wrote:

> Thanks Bill, I will give changing the starter solenoids a go and then work my
> way down the list. I'll let you know the outcome.

You're welcome. Yes - let us know. (BTW - it's the solenoid *contacts*
that need to be changed - not the solenoid - probably just a typo on
your part - but thought I'd make sure you understand.)

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old March 23rd 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ron Johnson

How many of those fancy key fobs come with the 2007 Town & Country Touring?

Old March 23rd 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Ron Johnson wrote:

> How many of those fancy key fobs come with the 2007 Town & Country Touring?

I think you're in the wrong thread.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')

Chrysler Concorde landoluth33 Chrysler 4 August 25th 06 06:29 PM
2001 Concorde transmission problem? micky Chrysler 19 April 4th 05 05:38 PM
Recommendations? 2001 Concorde. micky Chrysler 3 March 15th 05 02:49 AM
Chrysler Concorde 93 Ba Ba Booey Chrysler 1 February 21st 05 07:56 AM
2001 Concorde whistles at 60 mph LB Chrysler 6 December 20th 04 11:30 PM