Grand Caravan window problems

Old September 29th 06, 06:58 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Tswco2

Default Grand Caravan window problems

I am looking for information on the power windows in our 2002 Grand
Caravan. We were having problems with it going down but not wanting to go
up at times- sometimes if you just left it for a few hours and came back it
would go back up. I replaced the window motor and it worked great for two
weeks- Then it just stopped working all together, now it won't even go up
and down once in a while. The driver control panel works for all the
other windows but not the driver side.
I am not sure what to do next-

Old September 30th 06, 01:00 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Mike

"Tswco2" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
>I am looking for information on the power windows in our 2002 Grand
> Caravan. We were having problems with it going down but not wanting to go
> up at times- sometimes if you just left it for a few hours and came back
> it
> would go back up. I replaced the window motor and it worked great for two
> weeks- Then it just stopped working all together, now it won't even go up
> and down once in a while. The driver control panel works for all the
> other windows but not the driver side.
> I am not sure what to do next-

Sounds like a bad switch. To diagnose it properly you would need to check
power going into and out of the switch.

Old September 30th 06, 01:31 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Tswco2" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I am looking for information on the power windows in our 2002 Grand
> Caravan. We were having problems with it going down but not wanting to go
> up at times- sometimes if you just left it for a few hours and came back

it
> would go back up. I replaced the window motor and it worked great for two
> weeks- Then it just stopped working all together, now it won't even go up
> and down once in a while. The driver control panel works for all the
> other windows but not the driver side.
> I am not sure what to do next-

check for 12 volts at the motor, I bet you have it, then try tapping on the
motor while raising it with the switch, more then likely it will more.
Chrysler cant seem to build a regulator/motor assembly. replace the assembly
with the latest part from your dealer

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old September 30th 06, 05:52 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Tswco2

We did replace it with the latest part- so do we have to replace it again?
The motor cost like $80.00 is it defective? This one worked great for the
first two weeks and now nothing!

Old September 30th 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Tswco2" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> We did replace it with the latest part- so do we have to replace it again?
> The motor cost like $80.00 is it defective? This one worked great for the
> first two weeks and now nothing!

Without taking the door panel back off and checking the circuit there is no
way to say what the problem is. Did you replace this with an after market
part? The updated fix on that year/model is a complete regulator
assembly.......motor and all.

Glenn

Old October 1st 06, 12:55 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Tswco2

yes we did replace the whole thing- we purchased it from Advanced Auto- it
was an OEM

Old October 1st 06, 11:14 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Tswco2" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> yes we did replace the whole thing- we purchased it from Advanced Auto- it
> was an OEM

Advanced auto sounds like an aftermarket parts store? Once again you will
have to remove the door panel to test the motor

Glenn

2000 dodge grand caravan power window problem(s) chuckatty Dodge 3 July 19th 06 08:09 PM
Window regulator problems? Ed Dodge 3 June 14th 06 05:03 PM
TV Antennas on Rear Window Cause Problems ? klara Technology 7 April 6th 06 02:56 AM
96 Jetta Electric Window Problems LaM VW water cooled 2 March 6th 05 02:49 AM
window clacking noise on 2004 E60 530i Oliver Hui BMW 0 October 25th 04 03:25 AM