Rebuilding AC compressor on my 2004 Nissan Xterra.....?

Old February 3rd 20, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Randall Shimizu

Default Rebuilding AC compressor on my 2004 Nissan Xterra.....?

I am thinking of rebuilding my AC compressor... So I am wondering where I can find parts and a instructions to do so....? Looked at the factory service manual and there is none. Also tried searching for parts, but have not found any so far....?
Old February 3rd 20, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Heron[_2_]

On 2/3/2020 8:28 AM, Randall Shimizu wrote:
> I am thinking of rebuilding my AC compressor... So I am wondering where I can find parts and a instructions to do so....? Looked at the factory service manual and there is none. Also tried searching for parts, but have not found any so far....?

Don't bother, buy a replacement. Find one
you want at rockauto.com, then buy that
one at Amazon and save shipping costs.
Old February 4th 20, 06:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Randall Shimizu wrote:
> I am thinking of rebuilding my AC compressor... So I am wondering
> where I can find parts and a instructions to do so....? Looked at the
> factory service manual and there is none. Also tried searching for
> parts, but have not found any so far....?

You may find seals and bearings but the rest isn't really available
unless you buy in large quantity as a wholesale re-builder.
As for instructions, I've never seen any on the newer ones.

--
Steve W.
Old February 4th 20, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Monday, February 3, 2020 at 4:28:34 AM UTC-10, Randall Shimizu wrote:
> I am thinking of rebuilding my AC compressor... So I am wondering where I can find parts and a instructions to do so....? Looked at the factory service manual and there is none. Also tried searching for parts, but have not found any so far....?

I got a new compressor with pulley and clutch for about $140.00 on eBay. At that price rebuilding, or getting a rebuilt one, was not an option.
Old February 6th 20, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 2:51:48 PM UTC-10, Steve W. wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > On Monday, February 3, 2020 at 4:28:34 AM UTC-10, Randall Shimizu
> > wrote:
> >> I am thinking of rebuilding my AC compressor... So I am wondering
> >> where I can find parts and a instructions to do so....? Looked at
> >> the factory service manual and there is none. Also tried searching
> >> for parts, but have not found any so far....?

> > I got a new compressor with pulley and clutch for about $140.00 on
> > eBay. At that price rebuilding, or getting a rebuilt one, was not an
> > option.

> I've seen just the replacement clutch bearing and seal cost that much.
>
> --
> Steve W.

Makes you wonder, don't it?