Unable to Tighten GM Side Mount Battery Terminal

Old September 3rd 19, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Gebbi

Default Unable to Tighten GM Side Mount Battery Terminal

> GUEST wrote:
> The car is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass with the 3.4L DOHC engine. The
> negative battery cable terminal will not get very tight when

attached
> to the battery.
>
> I can snug it up to where it just begins to get tight, but that is

as
> much as I can get out of it. It feels as though there is not enough
> depth to the terminal threads going in to the battery. The other
> terminal tightens up normally and has no problems. The threads in

the

Old December 23rd 19, 06:51 PM
johnsnowkornar johnsnowkornar is offline
Banned

Location: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC[_2_] View Post
The car is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass with the 3.4L DOHC engine. The
negative battery cable terminal will not get very tight when attached
to the best battery for harley davidson.

I can snug it up to where it just begins to get tight, but that is as
much as I can get out of it. It feels as though there is not enough
depth to the terminal threads going in to the battery. The other
terminal tightens up normally and has no problems. The threads in the
battery are fine. I have tried other batteries and have the same
problem with the negative battery terminal..

Has anyone else ran across this issue before, and if so how did you
fix the problem?. I am planning on replacing the whole cable, but
would like to know if there is anything else I should try first.

Thanks in advance for your help.
If you have several appliances and items in mind, why don’t you get hold of this battery once and for all?

Why you should remove the negative battery terminal before doing ANYTHING!!!! Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B Technology 57 November 19th 07 05:05 PM
Battery terminal short Paul Technology 6 July 10th 06 05:39 PM
Battery terminal bolt replacement [email protected] Chrysler 5 June 15th 06 11:43 PM
How to change the battery terminal Jonelle H via CarKB.com Ford Explorer 1 September 5th 05 01:13 PM
Water on positive battery terminal? Leon van Dommelen Mazda 13 August 2nd 05 05:10 PM