Are you in favor of an SUV endorsement?

Old December 21st 04, 04:25 PM

Default Are you in favor of an SUV endorsement?

Why not make the bumpers higher on the small cars? After all a
small vehicle is the more dangerous vehicle
in which to ride according to the NHTSA. Properly belted
passengers in a large vehicle, like an SUV, have a much greater
chance of surviving a collision. I is that fact the more
children are riding in larger vehicles that has resulted in the
sharp decline in injuries and deaths among children over the past
five years in the US.

mike hunt

Old December 22nd 04, 07:28 AM
Shawn K. Quinn

[snipped most of the groups, followups to rec.autos.driving]

DonQuixote-v-Windmills wrote:

> Sure we need a tougher license, an endorsement if you will, just like
> motorcyclists, but for SUV drivers. They are the ones causing the
> mayhem!

A recent LiveJournal community post used the phrase "Penile Compensator
Unit" in reference to a certain model of SUV/truck. That sums up a lot.

I agree with your proposal in principle. Those without the driving skill to
safely drive and park an SUV should not be allowed to.

--
Shawn K. Quinn