Yet Another Useless Car Alarm

Old September 17th 05, 05:35 AM
Scott en Aztlán

Default Yet Another Useless Car Alarm

Today in the parking lot behind my office building a garbage truck was
emptying the dumpsters when a riced-up Civic with a picnic table on
the trunk lid began false-alarming. It went through 5 or 6 cycles
during the time the garbage truck was nearby; during that time, NOBODY
- least of all the owner - came out to see whether the car was being
stolen; NOBODY called the police. Basically, NOBODY gave a ****
(except those of us who were working outside, who were severely
annoyed). With any luck, the repeated sounding of the alarm drain the
asshole's battery...

Someone could have easily stolen that POS ricemobile. The only thing
that saved it was the fact that an ugly riced-up Civic has no reslae
value.

Old September 17th 05, 10:16 PM
Alexander Rogge

> Today in the parking lot behind my office building a garbage truck was
> emptying the dumpsters when a riced-up Civic with a picnic table on
> the trunk lid began false-alarming.

These nuisance alarms can significantly increase the price of a car, but
they don't notify anyone except by annoying people in the area with
noise pollution. There are cars that stall after starting them because
the idiotic starter-breakers can't find the electronic signal from the
key and they stall the car. A car thief can disable the "feature" but
you're stuck with a stalled car.
Old September 19th 05, 07:47 AM
YourAdHere

I can semi-tolerate this when it happens in the middle of the day (the
owner might be at work and unable to get out, or on the far side of the
building or whatever) but it's too much when it happens in the middle
of the night. I usually let the first offense go, leave a warning note
on the windshield for the second offense, then slash one tire if it
happens a third time and two tires if it continues. Usually the problem
stops after the first tire slash. Sometimes a simple warning note
along the lines of, "If this #$!@% wakes me up in the middle of the
night again I'm going to trash this car beyond recognition" does
wonders all by itself.