66 Turn Signals

Old July 23rd 05, 11:12 PM
Gerry

Default 66 Turn Signals

Is there a separate turn signal flasher on the 66 and if so, where is it
located.

My turn signals just died and the lever on the steering wheel is firm and
locks into place when moved up or down

Anyone been thru this before??

Thanks in advance for any help

--
Gerry
Ft Collins, Co

Old July 24th 05, 03:01 AM
Spike

look up under the drivers side of the dash close to the side panel for
(usually) a silver canister shaped object. I am not sure whether you
have a separate one if you have the 4 way emergency flasher. When you
use the turn signal you should hear the clicking sound when it's
working and be able to trace it to it's location.

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:12:45 -0600, "Gerry" > wrote:

>Is there a separate turn signal flasher on the 66 and if so, where is it
>located.
>
>My turn signals just died and the lever on the steering wheel is firm and
>locks into place when moved up or down
>
>Anyone been thru this before??
>
>Thanks in advance for any help

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old July 25th 05, 05:10 AM
66 6F HCS

"Gerry" > wrote in message
> Is there a separate turn signal flasher on the 66 and if so, where is it
> located.

Do your hazards still work? If so, then it's probably just the blinker
module for the signals, if not, could be something's gone bad in your wiring
in the column which usually means $$$.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289