A lap around "The Ring"

Old March 31st 05, 09:55 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

Mitch_A wrote:
> Somehow you can just blind yourself of anything good the US has ever done.
> Do we make mistakes? Of course we do. But we also contribute much more
> than weve taken unlike a majority of the free world.

I'd like to see a list of good "contributions" relating directly to foreign
policy. I already know the list of "mistakes", and it is long, and it is ugly.
Sometimes, you can't say "yes, I made a mistake, but it was in good intention".
When innocent people die due to your "mistakes", the intention is forfeit, void
and meaningless, because innocent died!

The major difference between US and European moral is the fact that weighing
some lives against a few other lives is a natural thing to do. It isn't in
europe, and this explains a whole range of complexes concerning american policy,
foreigh policy among other things.

The classical philosophical problem is the jew in the confrontation camp,
confronted with the following choice: Either he wields a machine gun (if you can
say "wield" when using a machine gun) and kill 100 of his own people, or he
doesn't, and 200 of his people get killed.

Think about it, what you'd do.

> Im not saying this in
> an egotistical way Im saying this in defensive way. The US (despite your
> clouded nonsense) is a great country and a great collection of people that
> want the best for the World and everyone in it. Simplistic maybe but at
> least we give people a choice. Some cultures and people cant handle the
> responsibility that Freedom needs to survive. That isnt our fault.

If you have made this realization about freedom, then why on earth are you guys
bombing the hell out of Afghanistan and Iraq? Why are you not giving these
peoples a choice?

---Asgeir---
Old March 31st 05, 10:15 AM
Andrew MacPherson

Mitch_A wrote:

> Somehow you can just blind yourself of anything good the
> US has ever done.

When have I *ever* said that? The problem with many of you guys is that
you and your current leadership so often spout a "you're either with us
or against us" philosophy which has no place in real world debate.

This isn't an ideal world. Nobody is expected to be perfect. But so
often many of you talk as if Truth and Light and Justice is all that
America stands for.

If only that were true!

America, like any other human construct, is as capable of being
corrupted and misused as any other. Corruption comes in many forms. Your
democracy is up for grabs to the highest bidder. Your military is all
but worshipped as the Tool of Righteousness by people fed the Stars &
Stripes from birth by cultural indoctrination. Your leaders must appeal
to the tele-evangelist herded vote to succeed. And in order to stay in
power they must preach fear. Fear of Russia. Fear of Al-Quaeda. Fear,
quite literally, of your own shadow.

A frightened population is an obedient population. Just ask Stalin. But
then Stalin was loved by a lot of his people too. It's funny how
rational human beings can admire a leader even when he does things which
horrify others.

> The US (despite your clouded nonsense) is a great country and
> a great collection of people that want the best for the World
> and everyone in it.

I don't doubt that. However there are many great nations full of great
people who want the same, but disagree about the journey and the
destination. Their opinions count no more or no less just because they
don't have the armed forces to back it up.

Andrew McP

PS Thanks for giving me something to think about while the anaesthetic
wears off from my filling. Speaking of which, I believe the powered
dental drill was invented by an American. Thanks a bunch!

PPS Apologies if there's anything unusual about this post (apart from
the fact it's full of OT euro-bollox). I'm posting with Mozilla Firebird
for the first time and I'm not convinced I know what I'm doing. Nothing
new there then ;-)
Old March 31st 05, 10:19 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

So, an eye for an eye, eh? Or in this case, a head for an eye? And in this case,
it wasn't even your own eye which got hurt in the first place!

Grow up, we are supposed to be sentient beings!!!

Hasn't anyone told you that you must not let yourself be guided by the need for
revenge? Your parents didn't do the job properly!

---A---

<snip>

Old March 31st 05, 10:27 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

What's wrong with "ghastly"? I thought I knew what that meant...

And I won't continue this thread, because you are not arguing. You're just being
a dickhead. I suggest you focus on continue being a dickhead, and you'll see
where that brings you over the years. Good luck.

So, if you tell me where I made a spelling error, I'll leave this thread better
educated.

---A---

Old March 31st 05, 10:31 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

I am discontinuing the argue with you, sir, because it is a waste of time, and
you are lost, and you will find out in due time.

BTW, the reason for the sanctions was Saddam Hussein. The victim of the
sanctions were the Iraqi people. Saddam got all the medication he needed. This
was my point, and you failed completely to see it.

Good luck in your life.

---A---

Old March 31st 05, 11:33 AM
Pete

> If you're going to correct other people's spelling and/or grammar
> mistakes, especially in a post from a person who clearly doesn't have
> English as his first language, you should proof read your message before
> you post it

Goy, it seems ras is spawning a number of Adam Dean's. It's a shame that
all
these "over-inflated EGO's" have forgotten this NG is supposed to deal with
auto
simulators. It seems there is no escape from political and ideological
bigotry. It's
not like the air waves and media aren't fully saturated with it but the
zealots feel the
need to bring it here as well.
I guess you were right about how things have died in sim racing. It's
been fun
watching ras and racing sims evolve from day one in my case but I guess it's
time
to move on. I just don't have the desire to read the latest rendition of
alt.religion-politicalBS.org.

Pete

If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will
scrutinize it closely,
and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If on
the other hand,
he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to
his instincts,
he will accept it even on the slightest evidence.
Bertrand Russell

Old March 31st 05, 02:04 PM
JP

"Asgeir Nesoen" > wrote in message
> I know that the US generally think that the high oil prices are OPEC's

fault,
> yes. But it is not. And it is soooo pathetic watching the brooding and

pouting:
> "They won't pump enough oil so that we can use *way, *way* more than we

have
> ourselves for the prices that we want. Booohoooooooo!"
>
> JFYI, this is just the lovely, lovely mechanisms of capitalism: Demand and
> Availability. LOL!!!
>
> I eagerly await the times when oil is so expensive that you americans will

have
> to let your SUV in the garage and take the bus to work. I *eagerly* await

it!
> And it is not that far off in the future either!!!
>
> Gas prices are escalating as well, and have reached a point in US where

people
> start converting to other heating sources. However, this is not OPEC's

fault,
> simply because they don't control the market. The prices get high because
> everyone needs it, there is less and less of it, and US is the biggest

consumer
> on the planet. And while you americans are concerned with your oil prices,

this
> planet goes to rot, and you ignore the facts like ignorant heedless

children do.

> ---A---

Wow, so much hatred for a tin beenie wearer. What happened to your
Kumbaya mindset ?

Old March 31st 05, 02:05 PM
JP

"Asgeir Nesoen" > wrote in message
> The *only* way to "promote democratic values" is to make sure these values

are
> praised in the people itself. In each and every citizen. And *they*'ll

decide
> what shall be done, and how it should be done, simply because they own the

land,
> and they own their destiny. No country on this planet has *any* right to

say
> "your leader is despotic and evil, and we'll deal with him". This is

fundamental
> in *any* international treaty/agreement on this planet even the ones where

US
> have a part.
>
> Only a very narrow-minded person would even *think* the thought that you

can
> force someone into being democratic, or bomb someone into being

democratic, or
> persuade someon into being democratic. Democracy is a *culture*, and

culture
> takes centuries to build. Bombs never built culture, except the sick one,

where
> violence is used as cure for everything.

I'd agree with most of this. Forcing someone to do anything never works.

Old March 31st 05, 02:09 PM
JP

<laughter>

Right over the top of the tin beanie head.

Show me exactly where I said eye for an eye ? You're bitching about
your alleged damages done by the *UN* sanction (scam) against Iraq. I just
stated the fact, that if Kuwait had never been invaded, there would have
been no sanction.
Besides the fact that the $ for Iraq were there via the scam, but SH and
his crew decided to pocket them instead of spending them on food and
medicine as supposedly required.

Really not hard to understand. But do keep ignoring the facts. Makes
your moonbat theories more interesting.

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
99 Cobra cracked ring cgun Ford Mustang 10 February 22nd 05 04:33 PM
Anyone heard the new NFL Ring tones? [email protected] Driving 4 January 11th 05 01:40 PM
cause of broken ring gear teeth RLGIRSCH 4x4 0 October 11th 04 09:05 PM