73 Stang to 69 Shelby?

Old January 31st 05, 02:41 AM
Canadian Musclecars

Default 73 Stang to 69 Shelby?

I seem to recall seeing a 71 - 73 Mustang on eBay that someone had dressed
up like a 69 Shelby (taillight panel, maybe front fenders, etc.). It made
what I consider an ugly car look pretty good. So I've now got an opportunity
to buy a '73 convertible, 302, 3-speed standard for next to nothing. I
thought I might try dressing it up with Shelby touches here and there. Does
anyone have info on this?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

65 4-speed, A-code Shelby clone

Old January 31st 05, 02:51 AM
Stuart & Janet

Look here

http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/~mexmus...es/i910252.htm

There was a GT351 made as a Shelby DeMexico.

StuK

Old January 31st 05, 07:10 AM
CobraJet

In article >, Stuart & Janet
> wrote:

> Look here
>
> http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/~mexmus...es/i910252.htm
>

> There was a GT351 made as a Shelby DeMexico.

What about the Europa?

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old January 31st 05, 12:51 PM
.boB

Canadian Musclecars wrote:

> I seem to recall seeing a 71 - 73 Mustang on eBay that someone had dressed
> up like a 69 Shelby (taillight panel, maybe front fenders, etc.). It made
> what I consider an ugly car look pretty good. So I've now got an opportunity
> to buy a '73 convertible, 302, 3-speed standard for next to nothing. I
> thought I might try dressing it up with Shelby touches here and there. Does
> anyone have info on this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Richard
>
> 65 4-speed, A-code Shelby clone

The 73 is distinctly different than the 69-70 in
all dimensions. You can't just buy the 69 parts and
bolt them on to your 73. Parts need to be modified or
custom made.
OTOH, a 73 convertible could be a great car. If
it's rust free and in decent shape, grab it.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Old January 31st 05, 11:17 PM
Stuart & Janet

Yep, I forgot about that one too. Thanks. I think that is the one I was
actaully thinking about but the De Mexico was one also, albeit in name only.
StuK

Old February 1st 05, 12:14 AM
CobraJet

In article >, Stuart & Janet

http://people.freenet.de/pony/sheleur_main.htm

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old February 4th 05, 01:34 AM
Canadian Musclecars

Hi again folks,

I knew about the Shelby de Mexico and also knew that it was built on a 69 -
70 coupe which was not what I was looking for. The Shelby Europa, however,
well that was another story. That was the car I faintly remembered and your
info has been greatly appreciated. If anyone is interested, this link leads
to a lot of info about the Europa as well as some pictures. Much to my
surprise, this car did not have the Shelby or Cougar tailpanel but used the
regular Mustang lights. Anyway, thanks and here's the link:
http://www.upspiral.com/index.php?tp...helby+eu ropa

Richard