2011 Mustang Gets New 6.2-Liter Motor

Old May 6th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_37_]

Default 2011 Mustang Gets New 6.2-Liter Motor

(Still Learning) wrote in news:988-481FEA6F-658
@storefull-3252.bay.webtv.net:

> Sarah/others:
>
> never washed the '79 Avanti? well, some Springs, I hosed down

the
> lower part, but don't like getting water down the windows.....so

usually
> sponged-off and waxed in the Spring........dust with a waxed flannel
> cloth after every drive. Want more symptoms of mania? When new,

took
> all the chrome off and sealed the back with epoxy...........never sat
> on the leather when the temp was under 45 to keep it from
> wrinkling.........had a flannel-lined cover, but that got dusty so I
> covered that with sheets. Oh, and you paint the underside with

linseed
> oil every Spring to make sure nothing corrodes.
>

> I love cars and I love driving.......but whichever is my "toy" has to
> stay pristrine.

You're not really talking about toys, you're talking about museum show
pieces. Toys are meant to be played with.

> Absolutely stupid..........when I sold the Avanti, I
> got maybe $5000 more than one in typical above-average condition,.

But
> the buyer got a virtually new car.....and is driving and enjoying it.
>
> And yes, the '06 Mustang is getting the same treatment. Man, takes a
> lot of Q-tips to clean that engine. But at least the new Ice polish

is
> quick and doesn't leave residue. I've had the top down once - had to
> use a hair dryer to smooth out the wrinkles.
>
> At the risk of boring you (more): my first brand-new toy was a '74

MGB

Old May 8th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
ah[_3_]

"Still Learning" > wrote in message

> Sarah/others:
>
> never washed the '79 Avanti? well, some Springs, I hosed down the
> lower part, but don't like getting water down the windows.....so usually
> sponged-off and waxed in the Spring........dust with a waxed flannel
> cloth after every drive. Want more symptoms of mania? When new, took
> all the chrome off and sealed the back with epoxy...........never sat
> on the leather when the temp was under 45 to keep it from
> wrinkling.........had a flannel-lined cover, but that got dusty so I
> covered that with sheets. Oh, and you paint the underside with linseed
> oil every Spring to make sure nothing corrodes.
>

> I love cars and I love driving.......but whichever is my "toy" has to
> stay pristrine. Absolutely stupid..........when I sold the Avanti, I
> got maybe $5000 more than one in typical above-average condition,. But
> the buyer got a virtually new car.....and is driving and enjoying it.

Wow! Now that's,...what's the word here,...Obsessive compulsive??
Truthfully, I had a '63 R2 Avanti over one summer. Sold it the next spring,
too much work for an old man to do. Wish I still had it, but my '04 Mach 1
kinda' makes up for it.

Old May 21st 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
mustangjoe

On May 1, 10:16*pm, wrote:
> According to C&D, the current 300HP 4.6 will power the restyled 2010
> Mustang. *The 2010 restyling job will change the current "'65-'67
> look" to a more "modern" '69-'70 body style. *In fact, it -- the 2010
> model -- looks SO MUCH like the '69-'70 models it's VERY easy to
> already envision Mach 1 and Boss stripes on the car. *In a word, the
> car is STUNNING! *As for the motor, the new 6.2 liter motor makes it's
> debut a year later in 2011; it'll be a SOHC with "upwards of 400
> HP."
>
> A new Chevy Camaro, a retro Dodge Challenger, and soon a Mustang that
> looks like a '69-'70 model... anyone for some Trans Am racing?!
>
> Patrick

According to Motor Trend, the 2010 is goig to be an Echo-Boost turbo
charged V6. No more V8's because of the stricter CAFE requirements.
THe echo boost will produce more HP than the 4.6 and get about 2-3 mpg
more
Old May 21st 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On May 21, 10:44 am, mustangjoe > wrote:
> On May 1, 10:16 pm, wrote:
>
> > According to C&D, the current 300HP 4.6 will power the restyled 2010
> > Mustang. The 2010 restyling job will change the current "'65-'67
> > look" to a more "modern" '69-'70 body style. In fact, it -- the 2010
> > model -- looks SO MUCH like the '69-'70 models it's VERY easy to
> > already envision Mach 1 and Boss stripes on the car. In a word, the
> > car is STUNNING! As for the motor, the new 6.2 liter motor makes it's
> > debut a year later in 2011; it'll be a SOHC with "upwards of 400
> > HP."

> > A new Chevy Camaro, a retro Dodge Challenger, and soon a Mustang that
> > looks like a '69-'70 model... anyone for some Trans Am racing?!

> > Patrick

> According to Motor Trend, the 2010 is goig to be an Echo-Boost turbo
> charged V6. No more V8's because of the stricter CAFE requirements.
> THe echo boost will produce more HP than the 4.6 and get about 2-3 mpg
> more

No more V8's would kill the Mustang... My 2005 V6 was 310RWHP and ran
12.8 @ 107... and as much as I loved the car, i still missed the sound
and feel of a V8... Next car will be a V8...

BTW... has the EcoBoost for the 2010 Mustang really been confirmed?
2010 will also most likely see the return of the 5.0... or maybe
2011... but I seriously doubt Ford will drop the V8..
Old May 27th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

> > Patrick

> According to Motor Trend, the 2010 is goig to be an Echo-Boost turbo
> charged V6. *No more V8's because of the stricter CAFE requirements.
> THe echo boost will produce more HP than the 4.6 and get about 2-3 mpg
> more

Kiss your v 8 good bye if Hillary or Barrach gets elected along with a
few more chicken excrement senators who bow to the Sierra Club. CAFE
standards will make it impossible (read, "financially not viable) to
put the v 8 in.

Write Senator Carl Levin and tell him you don't give a damn what he
thinks YOU *ought* to drive. You still want the choice left up to
you.