REQ: 1993 Ford Mustang LX Convertible owner's manual, please

Old July 27th 05, 03:35 AM
whoisjb

"" wrote:
> Hey druid918,
>
> I have not yet located the manual but did locate the Chilton's
> repair book.
> Still searching.
>
> Top operation.
>
> 1. Roll down windows
> 2. On the side of the top towards the front there are two
> levers (one per
> side) - pull those to the inside. This will release the latch
> from the
> windshield frame
> 3. On the right of the instrument cluster there is a pull /
> push button like
> the one for the lights on the left. Pull raises the top.
> Push lowers it.
>
> My '92 did this without having to have the e-brake on. My '04
> needs to have
> the e-brake on.
>
> There should be nothing other than the two latches holding the
> top to the
> windshield frame
>
> The '92 and the '93's are very similar. '93 was the last
> production model
> of the LX Fox frame.
>
> MG
>
> > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 05:28:31 -0400, "Mr.~G." >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>I may have manual for a '92. I'll look and let you know

> later. I have
> >>other parts too. Convertible boot parade cover, original

> intake parts,
> >>K&N
> >>air cleaner, Throttle body, OEM radio.
> >>
> >>MG
> >>
> > wrote in message
> . ..

> the

> upon

> fuel

> any kind

> can... And,

> car would be

> in
> >>

> > Sorry about the lapse in replying to your message, Mr. G.
> > Thanks for all you're doing to help me out.
> > Some quesitons for you, if it's alright.
> > First, will a 1992 manual be useful regarding my 1993? (I
> > mean, will all the info contained in it be able to be used

> as far as
> > maintenance for the vehicle is concerned?)
> > Second, does the 1992 manual tell how to operate the
> > convertible button? (Though MustangGuy told me to apply the

> emergency
> > brake then activate the switch, ...there is this thingie

> hanging down
> > from the top and wrapped around my rearview mirror that

> looks like it
> > would get pulled out of whack if I did that... It's an

> electronic plug
> > of some sort... It's small, and looks to be composed of two

> wires or
> > so that are about 12 guage wire in thickness... The plug

> looks like a
> > four-prong connector...Black in outer appearance... I don't

> know what
> [...]

My cousin just purchased a 93 Mustang with a 4-cylinder and automatic
transmission. We’re not familiar with the car and we needed to put
some transmission fluid in the car but not sure where it’s located. I
know this may be a "dumb" question, but we don’t have the manual and
she’s a teenager with no idea about cars in general, so I thought I’d
see if I could figure it out for her.

Should we be looking for a dipstick or a small plastic "bottle"
similar to the coolant overflow container?

--
Posted using the
http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request