E36 door jammed

Old March 22nd 07, 02:19 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Kriznaft

Default E36 door jammed

I have a 95 bmw 325 is .. and well the door isnt jammed so to speak ..
its the locking mech id say .. everytime i close the door anr reopen
it .. the handle sticks and i have to pull quite hard to open it ..
its the same on the outside too .. neone elts had this problem? .. or
know how to fix it?
Thanks

Old March 22nd 07, 02:36 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

The door latches on my convertible -- doors nearly identical to the coupe --
were dirty, causing the window to not drop and raise as the door was opened
and closed.

The trouble was the linkage inside the latch. I opened the latch and
cleaned, and used a bit of sandpaper, and was able to get normal operation
again.

You didn't say where you live, but cold would play a role in this problem.
If the door(s) worked oddly last spring ans summer, then it stands to reason
they would not work well at all this winter.

You can monkey around with the latch -- simulate the striker post by using a
nutdriver or equivelent -- and see if you can get it to free up. Press the
tool into the jaws of the latch, or use your finger if you want, and make
the latch lock. give it a shot of spray cleaner and some light oil, and
repeat. Operate the door latch to open the jaws, then close the jaws again.
There are small parts inside the latch though, and you probably will not be
able to get to the switches and thier linkages from the outside.

Perhaps you can get the door handle to cooperate without taking the door
apart.

oups.com...

Old March 22nd 07, 07:46 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Ed

Firstly, lube the door catches with grease.

oups.com...

Jammed Sunroof HyperCube33 Saturn 4 September 27th 06 01:41 PM
car handle is jammed majiktouch Honda 2 June 18th 06 06:07 PM
Jammed Doors catsmusi 4x4 1 November 12th 05 02:17 PM
Jammed 95 Passat Rear Door LaM VW water cooled 0 August 23rd 05 07:23 AM
Jammed Tailgate Peter Pontbriand Jeep 9 July 8th 05 11:07 PM