rFactor & F1

Old October 3rd 05, 05:15 AM
Greg Cisko

Default rFactor & F1

I am getting ready to buy rFactor. But if it doesn't have the F1 cars yet I
will pass until they have them. I have read up on this game a little and see
some pics of F1 cars, but am not clear if they come with the game. Can
someone please tell me? This seems like the best racing sim purchase in
quite some time.

The last I bought was N2003 and EA Sports F1 2001 which I was
running last night to check out my new flat panel. But if rFactor has cool
F1 cars, I am there!

Old October 3rd 05, 05:22 AM
Steve Whitty

"Greg Cisko" > wrote in message
>I am getting ready to buy rFactor. But if it doesn't have the F1 cars yet I
> will pass until they have them. I have read up on this game a little and
> see
> some pics of F1 cars, but am not clear if they come with the game. Can
> someone please tell me? This seems like the best racing sim purchase in
> quite some time.
>
> The last I bought was N2003 and EA Sports F1 2001 which I was
> running last night to check out my new flat panel. But if rFactor has cool
> F1 cars, I am there!
>
> --

the cars that come with rFactor aren't called F1 but are basically F1 cars.
if you buy rF, the cars are pretty easy to drive with the max downforce.
its when you want to improve your times and have to start dropping the
downforce that they become tricky to drive without aids.

cheers

steve

Old October 3rd 05, 06:51 AM
Chad Rogers

IMHO the "formula" cars in rFactor are a mess. They are much too fast and
the tracks that come with the game are much to tight to run that fast. The
trainer cars are the only open wheel cars that are done well. Remember,
just one mans opinion.

Old October 3rd 05, 07:57 AM
Jeff Reid

> The last I bought was N2003 and EA Sports F1 2001 which I was
> running last night to check out my new flat panel. But if rFactor has cool
> F1 cars, I am there!

Video of the rFactor Formula at Toban GP, it's pretty close to an
F1. Sub 1:07.5 lap time. Having played F1C99-02, the pace seems fine
to me. I downshift a little quickly, but this is fun for me.

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/rfrf1tgp.wmv

Compare this to the much slower Howston at just under 1:42:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/rfrhtgp.wmv

Old October 3rd 05, 08:03 AM
Jeff Reid

> Does rFactor even have the realistic F1 tracks???

Not yet, but expect lots of add-ons for rFactor, as it
was planned for this. I'll be waiting for Spa, and
Nordschleife myself.

Old October 3rd 05, 08:06 AM
Steve Simpson

> IMHO the "formula" cars in rFactor are a mess. They are much too fast
> and
> the tracks that come with the game are much to tight to run that fast.
> The
> trainer cars are the only open wheel cars that are done well. Remember,
> just one mans opinion.

The very wide FOV and world movement in rFactor has tricked a lot of
people into thinking that that fantasy F1 cars are way too fast but if you
use a similar FOV to F1C or even GP4 they're comparable and if you watch
the speeds when accelerating they seem reasonable. I've always loved wide
FOVs so it didn't bother me.

There's already an F1 mod available for rFactor but it's very amateurish
and doesn't include tracks.

Most of the supplied tracks are a bit small for F1 cars but Mills GP and
Orchard Lake GP are pretty good. Toban GP & the 3rd party Birmingham
aren't bad either.

Indy fans should enjoy the huge Orchard Lake oval.
Old October 3rd 05, 08:07 AM
Jeff Reid

> IMHO the "formula" cars in rFactor are a mess. They are much too fast and the tracks that come with the game are much
> to tight to run that fast. The trainer cars are the only open wheel cars that are done well. Remember, just one mans
> opinion.

The pace seems about right, as real F1 cars are pretty fast:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/spaf1.wmv

Also, some of the real F1 tracks are fairly short. By comparason,
street x mode in EA's NFSU2 is faster paced, and a lot of players
have learned to deal with it.

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2sx.wmv

Old October 3rd 05, 02:11 PM
Dave

"Steve Simpson" > wrote in message

> Indy fans should enjoy the huge Orchard Lake oval.

Almost as boring as watching oval racing on tv.

Old October 3rd 05, 06:26 PM
JML

I`ve always wondered what does the "world movement" do in games? This is
included also in GTR and haven`t figured yet out whats the clue?

"Steve Simpson" > kirjoitti
viestissä