Time for body tub replacement

Old May 5th 05, 03:09 AM
Dale Beckett

Default Time for body tub replacement

Well, it's 20 years old next month, and the time has arrived for a
fiberglass replacement body tub. Two decades of Ohio winters have taken a
serious toll. I've had to relocate the seat belt anchors, and I've patched
the floor several times in a futile effort to keep water out. So....

My plan is to replace the tub and hood for sure, and maybe the fenders too,
but I haven't made up my mind about them yet.

I would like to be able to use my (original) soft and hard tops, and steel
doors.

Recommendations anyone?

Anyone?

--

Dale Beckett
Old May 5th 05, 03:46 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Just don't get carried away, like:
http://www.saturdaybang.com/jeep/
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 5th 05, 01:55 PM
Mike Romain

I bought a 'glass tub and one piece front clip locally here in Ontario
Canada.

The gent did an excellent job. All my hard doors and top fit pretty
much perfect. My Chrome Laredo grill insert even fit the front clip.

It has diamond plat sandwiched in the firewall where the steering and
brakes go and it has 1" plywood sandwiched between the inner and outer
shell. Pretty strong. I have rolled it once and only cracked the glued
seam where the firewall joins the floor.

The only real complaint is a lot of bubbles under the gel coat, but I
did ask for the raw tub, not the blocked and filled version so I got
what I asked for. It is a 6 footer. I haven't touched it and any spots
are really hard to spot unless you get right up close and know where to
look even 5 years later.

I love the front flip front. It swing up on the stock hinges so I can
just sit on the tire to change spark plugs or work on the carb.

I would buy another from him for sure.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's