Gosh, What an Impatient Jerk I Am!!

Old January 1st 05, 01:42 AM

You truly are a retard.

Old January 1st 05, 03:34 AM

If they're too stupid to be able to operate their vehicles at speeds in
excess of 55mph, they are way too stupid to understand KRETP.

Old January 1st 05, 03:34 AM

Old January 1st 05, 10:00 PM
Guy Macon

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>I encounter at least one ****tard driver each and every time I drive.

Which is, if you think about it, a very small percentage of the
number of drivers you encounter each day.

Old January 1st 05, 10:00 PM
Guy Macon

Old January 1st 05, 10:06 PM
Guy Macon

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>Not really, since the assumption behind it is that "slow" and
>"safe" are synonymous, an assertion I know to be false.

"The accident involvement rates on streets and highways in urban
areas was highest for the slowest 5 percent of traffic, lowest
for traffic in the 30 to 95 percentile range and increased for
the fastest 5 percent of traffic."

-Institute of Transportation Engineers

Old January 1st 05, 10:06 PM
Guy Macon

Old January 4th 05, 06:13 AM
Arif Khokar

Guy Macon wrote:

> Factual but incomplete. Sloth and speed *both* kill. Driving at
> the median speed (half the cars are going faster than you are,
> half the cars are going slower than you are) is the safest speed.

Actually, any speed ranging from the 15th to 85th percentile speeds is
relatively safe. Some studies show that the 85th percentile speed is
safer while other studies show them to be about the same safetywise.
Keep in mind that the difference between the two is around 10 to 14 mph.

It could be argued that speeds above the 85th percentile are actually
safer as compared to speeds below the 15th percentile. This is because
any hazards presenting themselves will come from the front for the
faster driver while they mainly come from behind for the slower driver.
Old January 4th 05, 06:13 AM
Arif Khokar

Old January 4th 05, 05:56 PM
Guy Macon