spare parts for older hondas

Old April 30th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default spare parts for older hondas

Hi, I have inherited from my late uncle a Honda 1985 CRX 1.5
...effectively a two seater with small bucket seat only 40,000mls! . I
am keen to find sources for spare parts eg distributor cap, leads,
rotor as Honda dealers seem very slow and very expensive! am also in
ned of finding someone who can check and tune the engine as it has an
electronic suysytem whicgh at present seems fine but may nneed to be
tuned. any advice would eb much appreciated. Cheers Derek York
England

Old May 1st 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Congratulations on your inheritance Derek. I like your thinking in
acquiring parts ahead of time. Think of it as an investment that will
pay you back over time. I'd also be looking for sensors and modules,
fuel regulator, stuff like that. I can't offer you a source from way
over here. However, if you have room to store it, maybe you could pick
up a parts car cheap that would have a lot of hard parts.

Old May 1st 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

OEM Honda part dealers that generally beat dealership part
prices by a lot and generally have parts for 1980s Hondas:

www.slhonda.com (parts section; great drawings; actual Honda
OEM part numbers given; in California)

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com (great drawings; on NE coast)

www.cheapesthondaparts.com (Colorado; type in part nos. as
needed)

I have used all three. No serious complaints. The Colorado
store has the best shipping policy for my needs--a flat 10%
of the price, usually.

alt.autos.honda and rec.autos.makers.honda are excellent
resources. You should lurk there and see the wonderful
anecdotal experiences exchanged and the references to Honda
repair web sites!

Matter of fact, you should consider re-posting there.

"derek" > wrote

Old May 1st 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Hi Al, Many thanks for your encouragement i will definitely scout
out the sensors as they will be critical over the next few years
Cheers

Derek

Old May 1st 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

hi Elle, I have never used a usergroup till now butyour advice is
practical and priceless Many thansk indeed for spending the the time to
help I will contact those shown and try another psoting! i have family
in USA so I am sure that if they cant ship ity here to Uk they can to
my realtions in Oklahoma.
Cheers and thanks again

Derek

Old May 1st 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Derek, oops; I overlooked that you were emailing from the
UK. Definitely point that out to folks at the two Honda
newsgroups. Some UK folks do post there and might have some
suggestions for online OEM Honda part companies closer to
you.

I have found the Factory service manuals at
http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html to be
extremely helpful. The c. 1985 Civic one should match your
CRX in many sections. Alternatively, www.autozone.com has
the free online Chilton's+ manual for your 85 CRX. Chilton's
is very good these days and identical to the Factory Service
manual in many places.

"derek" > wrote
> hi Elle, I have never used a usergroup till now butyour
> advice is
> practical and priceless Many thansk indeed for spending
> the the time to
> help I will contact those shown and try another psoting! i
> have family
> in USA so I am sure that if they cant ship ity here to Uk
> they can to
> my realtions in Oklahoma.
> Cheers and thanks again
>
> Derek

spare parts for jeep cherokee in UK lou Jeep 5 January 11th 06 09:12 AM
AWA [OFFER] SPARE PARTS FOR KOREAN MODEL OFFER AT LOW COST!!! [email protected] General 0 January 9th 06 01:01 PM
Repair Fraud? basva Technology 65 October 9th 05 11:26 PM
1991 BMW 535i for sale or parts - wrecked.. Robert S. BMW 0 December 5th 04 04:04 AM
1953 - 1975 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CHASSIS and BODY PARTS CATALOG Tom Hall General 0 January 15th 04 11:46 PM