NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

Old October 24th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_37_]

Default NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

Thunder

hood

seater

>>> By comparison, it was a pansy ass. I would rather have a Miata than
>>> that T-Bird.

>> <rowlf>
>>
>> Wow.

> Well, I would. I can install a 302 into a Miata or get a Kenne Bell
> twin screw blower and turn it into a Viper killer. Plus, it is light

as
> a feather and handles like it is on rails. I always looked at the

last
> T-Bird as a chick car and it had hardly any testosterone in it.

For the purposes of this discussion, let's not talk about 5.0 Miatas, as
they are rather cool because they're not really Miatas.

That said, _any_ T-Bird has tons more testosterone than a friggin'
Miata. Even the name is wussie. "Miata". What does that conjure up in
your mind?

<rowlf>
Old October 24th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

> Thunder

> hood

> seater

>>> <rowlf>
>>>
>>> Wow.

>> Well, I would. I can install a 302 into a Miata or get a Kenne Bell
>> twin screw blower and turn it into a Viper killer. Plus, it is light

> as
>> a feather and handles like it is on rails. I always looked at the

> last
>> T-Bird as a chick car and it had hardly any testosterone in it.

> For the purposes of this discussion, let's not talk about 5.0 Miatas, as
> they are rather cool because they're not really Miatas.
>
> That said, _any_ T-Bird has tons more testosterone than a friggin'
> Miata. Even the name is wussie. "Miata". What does that conjure up in
> your mind?
>
> <rowlf>

My nephew has a Miata and I've driven his quite a bit. The car grows on
you. It reminds me of my old Triumph Spitfire except it is a much
better vehicle. They are very fun to drive. Many men have the same
feeling about Miatas as you do. My son does. If you can get past that
you will find a very capable two seater.
Old October 24th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Joe" > wrote in message
> "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in news:WKATi.3777$hG2.3224
> @trndny05:
>

>> "Joe" > wrote in message
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

> $35k.

> or

> think

> is
>>>
>>> Now that you mention it, the whole Fox line back in the '80s had your

> 4-
>>> door and wagon Mustangs. They were called LTDs and Fairmonts.

> What's
>>> in a name?

>> Everything, DOH!

> That's pretty shallow. DOH!

At least shallow implies some depth, your position on this is absolutely
dense. You have lost the "I'm for ****in up the Mustang" debate on every
front, and replying with "I like performance" every time your circular logic
get spanked is simply childish. DOH!

Old October 25th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_26_]

"My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in

> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in
>> news:WKATi.3777$hG2.3224 @trndny05:

>> $35k.

>> or

>> think

>> is

>> 4-

>> What's
>>>
>>> Everything, DOH!

>> That's pretty shallow. DOH!

> At least shallow implies some depth, your position on this is
> absolutely dense. You have lost the "I'm for ****in up the Mustang"
> debate on every front, and replying with "I like performance" every
> time your circular logic get spanked is simply childish. DOH!

The fact that you can't handle anyone who disagrees with you speaks
volumes. DOH!

So how often do _you_ change your oil?
Old October 25th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_26_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

>> Thunder

>> hood

>> seater

>>> Well, I would. I can install a 302 into a Miata or get a Kenne Bell
>>> twin screw blower and turn it into a Viper killer. Plus, it is
>>> light

>> as
>>> a feather and handles like it is on rails. I always looked at the

>> last
>>> T-Bird as a chick car and it had hardly any testosterone in it.

>> For the purposes of this discussion, let's not talk about 5.0 Miatas,
>> as they are rather cool because they're not really Miatas.
>>
>> That said, _any_ T-Bird has tons more testosterone than a friggin'
>> Miata. Even the name is wussie. "Miata". What does that conjure up
>> in your mind?
>>
>> <rowlf>

> My nephew has a Miata and I've driven his quite a bit. The car grows
> on you. It reminds me of my old Triumph Spitfire except it is a much
> better vehicle. They are very fun to drive. Many men have the same
> feeling about Miatas as you do. My son does. If you can get past
> that you will find a very capable two seater.

Perhaps I'll get past that when you can get past the whole name thing.
I guess the issues are similar...
Old October 25th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Thunder
>>> hood
>>> seater

>>> as
>>> last
>>> For the purposes of this discussion, let's not talk about 5.0 Miatas,
>>> as they are rather cool because they're not really Miatas.
>>>
>>> That said, _any_ T-Bird has tons more testosterone than a friggin'
>>> Miata. Even the name is wussie. "Miata". What does that conjure up
>>> in your mind?
>>>
>>> <rowlf>

>> My nephew has a Miata and I've driven his quite a bit. The car grows
>> on you. It reminds me of my old Triumph Spitfire except it is a much
>> better vehicle. They are very fun to drive. Many men have the same
>> feeling about Miatas as you do. My son does. If you can get past
>> that you will find a very capable two seater.

> Perhaps I'll get past that when you can get past the whole name thing.
> I guess the issues are similar...

I don't see the similarities. Putting four doors on a Mustang is a huge
change in the image of that car. The Mustang has nearly as much history
as the Corvette and that means something to the car's purpose and reason
for existing. It the Mustang was circling the drain because of low
sales volumes then I could understand Ford doing something radical like
making a wagon variant. Since this isn't the case, I see no need for
Ford to make such a risky move and possibly jeopardize the car's
excellent heritage. Trying to make one car fill a variety of roles
rarely works and just serves to dilute that car's identity and, in the
case of the Mustang, its reputation as a pony car.
Old October 25th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Oct 23, 8:01 pm, "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote:

> >> The reason I think it was a bad idea is they greatly narrowed the car's
> >> target market. Ford took the original car from a two seater to a four
> >> seater with great success. Had they not done that it would likely have
> >> been discontinued. Why they thought going back to two seats would mean
> >> more sales is beyond me.

> > So Ford should forever concede the American 2-seat market to the
> > Corvette?

> That is an entirely different topic and market than the Thunderbird ever
> was...

> Besides the latest 2 seat T-bird was not in the same room let alone group as
> the Corvette and Viper.
> <Cough>Ford GT<cough>

> > <Cough>Viper<cough>

Nobody,

True enough on both counts. But my main point was Ford never gives a
serious effort to establish a good 2-seat sports car. The original
Bird lasted but three model years and the Ford GT, for as good as it
was, was way too expensive to grab a life-sustaining market share to
keep it alive. And everyone blows off a Ford 2-seater idea by saying
the Vette owns the market and there's not enough buyers to go around.
Well, the Viper proved that wrong. And I think Ford could carve a
nice niche with a "cruiser" 2-seater (w/useable trunk) that has some
balls/attitude. Then price it about 5-10 grand under a base Vette. I
think the guys who buy/like Harleys would love it.

(Note: I'm not saying for Ford to do this now. Ford has to get their
house back in order, but they should make another attempt at some
point and I think this should be the formula for their 2-seater.)

Patrick

Old October 25th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John[_26_]

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
> WindsorFox wrote:
>> Michael Johnson wrote:

>>> Selling a Mom and Pop four door Mustang diminishes the car's mystic,
>>> reputation, heritage etc. It would also show Ford is so desperate to
>>> sell vehicles that they will jeopardize one of their best selling, most
>>> long term success models to do it. It would be a very bad business
>>> decision, IMO.

>> Well, I'm not positive I agree with that, but they could always call
>> it a Falcon.

> I don't care what they would call it as long as it doesn't have a Mustang
> connotation in its name or even remotely resembles one

If one's wife has her tits enhanced, they are still tits, and I doubt one
will get so upset that he forgoes sharing carnal pleasures with her. He
will probably do just the opposite.

--
John - ThunderSnake #59
'69 Mach 1 w/ 390 4V

..

Old October 25th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

John wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> WindsorFox wrote:

>>> Well, I'm not positive I agree with that, but they could always call
>>> it a Falcon.

>> I don't care what they would call it as long as it doesn't have a Mustang
>> connotation in its name or even remotely resembles one

> If one's wife has her tits enhanced, they are still tits, and I doubt one
> will get so upset that he forgoes sharing carnal pleasures with her. He
> will probably do just the opposite.

Fake boobs do nothing for me. I'll take a set of natural A cups over a
set of DD's full of man made junk any day. Would you inject your penis
with silicone to make it bigger? I sure as hell wouldn't. I think it
is sad that us men have made women think they need all this plastic
surgery to look attractive and be desirable.
Old October 25th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John[_26_]

"Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
news
> John wrote:

>>> I don't care what they would call it as long as it doesn't have a
>>> Mustang connotation in its name or even remotely resembles one

>> If one's wife has her tits enhanced, they are still tits, and I doubt one
>> will get so upset that he forgoes sharing carnal pleasures with her. He
>> will probably do just the opposite.

> Fake boobs do nothing for me. I'll take a set of natural A cups over a
> set of DD's full of man made junk any day. Would you inject your penis
> with silicone to make it bigger? I sure as hell wouldn't. I think it is
> sad that us men have made women think they need all this plastic surgery
> to look attractive and be desirable.

Have you ever heard of
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
What is it?
ODD is a psychiatric disorder that is characterized by aggressiveness and a
tendency to purposefully bother and irritate others. In layman terms it's
like having a PhD in HTPPO (how to **** people off).

--
John - ThunderSnake #59
'69 Mach 1 w/ 390 4V