GTP MOD Will NOT Run

Old January 20th 05, 02:35 AM
Ed White

"Tiny Lund" > wrote in message
> "Same for me. It runs but when I load a track I see a flash of it and
>> then crash to desktop. I have an ATI Radeon 9700pro with the new 5.1
>> drivers."

> I also run the 9700 pro w/5.1 Cats and I can't even get it to install. I
> downloaded 2 last night, one .exe with no files to extract and a zip.
> Unzip, click .exe and it shows a default path to install and says it
> finds a valid copy of Nascar 2003 then I point to the Nascar Directory
> and says it can't find nascar? Thankfully I am enjoying GTR so it wont
> kill me not to have GTP. Would like to try it but not ready to re-install
> Nascar for yet another mod.

Tiny,
That got me at first too, I eventually figured out that pointing to the
Nascar2003 directory was not good enough, I had to double click on the
directory (which then showed the subfolders) and then the install was
allowed to proceed.......Still trying to get into a race thru VROC tho, but
the Mod itself seems pretty cool.

Ed

Old January 20th 05, 01:28 PM
Peter

In article >,
says...
> "Same for me. It runs but when I load a track I see a flash of it and
> > then crash to desktop. I have an ATI Radeon 9700pro with the new 5.1
> > drivers."

> I also run the 9700 pro w/5.1 Cats and I can't even get it to install. I
> downloaded 2 last night, one .exe with no files to extract and a zip. Unzip,
> click .exe and it shows a default path to install and says it finds a valid
> copy of Nascar 2003 then I point to the Nascar Directory and says it can't
> find nascar? Thankfully I am enjoying GTR so it wont kill me not to have
> GTP. Would like to try it but not ready to re-install Nascar for yet another
> mod.
>

> "Vintook" > wrote in message
> > mjones53 formulated the question :
> >> Installed okay, starts then back to the desktop.

> > Same for me. It runs but when I load a track I see a flash of it and then
> > crash to desktop. I have an ATI Radeon 9700pro with the new 5.1 drivers.

I too had a similar problem to this problem. It asks you 2 questions
about where to install. The first asks for the GTP directory then it
asks for the NR2003. They are not the same and the install stops pretty
quickly with an error saying that it cannot install to a valid NR2003
directory.

After that I tried running NR2003 as normal but even that wouldn't run
so I had to uninstall and re-install it to the same directory as before,
(Luckily this doesn't lose any of your settings, fastlaps, etc), then
re-installed the 1.2.0.1 patch. Checked again and all was ok. Then
installed the GTP mod to its 'own' directory before telling it where to
find the NR2003 directory and this time it installed just fine. Ran the
config.exe and all is working.

--
Pete Ives