Ford to Unveil Latest Convertible Mustang

Old January 5th 05, 11:27 PM
Grover C. McCoury III

Default Ford to Unveil Latest Convertible Mustang

Ford to Unveil Latest Convertible Mustang
Wed Jan 5, 2005
By JOHN PORRETTO, AP Auto Writer

DETROIT - Coming off the successful launch of its all-new 2005 Ford
Mustang, Ford Motor Co. is preparing to show off the latest ragtop
version of the legendary sports car.

Ford is scheduled to unveil the all-new 2005 Mustang convertible
Wednesday at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show and provide another
glimpse at next week's media preview for the North American
International Auto Show at Cobo Center.

The 2005 Mustang coupe, which made its debut in Detroit last year, went
on sale in October, one of several cars launched by Ford in 2004 as part
of its self-proclaimed "Year of the Car."

Because of late-year launches for many of the models, however, Ford's
car business was disappointing in 2004, falling 14 percent from the
previous year.

A bright spot of late has been demand for the new Mustang, which saw
sales up roughly 9 percent in December from a year ago — the best
December for the model since 1979.

The new car's design has received accolades from analysts and Mustang
enthusiasts for effectively marrying design cues from the 1960s with
modern enhancements. The three-element taillights, for example, harken
back four decades. But the new 4.6-liter, 300-horsepower engine has more
than 50 percent more power than the V-8 in the inaugural 1964 model.

The 2005 convertible is scheduled to go on sale in March. The starting
price for the V-6 version will be about $25,000. The V-8-powered GT
version will start at around $30,000.

The 2005 V-6 coupe's base price is $19,570.

Ford spokesman Dave Reuter said convertible versions of the Mustang make
up about 30 percent of the model's total sales.

Compared with previous Mustang convertibles, the new version's stiffer
chassis has helped reduce squeaks and rattles and improve the ride and
handling, the company said.

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @
http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt
Old January 6th 05, 01:13 AM
Backyard Mechanic

Grover C. McCoury III opined in :

> Ford to Unveil Latest Convertible Mustang
> Wed Jan 5, 2005
> By JOHN PORRETTO, AP Auto Writer
>
> DETROIT - Coming off the successful launch of its all-new 2005 Ford
> Mustang, Ford Motor Co. is preparing to show off the latest ragtop
> version of the legendary sports car.
>
> Ford is scheduled to unveil the all-new 2005 Mustang convertible
> Wednesday at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show and provide another
> glimpse at next week's media preview for the North American
> International Auto Show at Cobo Center.

last pic of slides.. profile

sweet

http://tinyurl.com/5mc64

Old January 6th 05, 01:20 AM
Backyard Mechanic

http://tinyurl.com/5fhgs

click slideshow

from gotmustang.com

Old January 6th 05, 01:24 AM

The V6 starts just under 24K. The GT convertible MSRP starts at
$29,500 including destination, invoice $26,904. I have one on
order since October. 170A Deluxe package plus leather, 5 sp auto
and a $195 wheel upgrade. I do not want the super sound system
or the fancy two tone gut. Invoice is $28,845.55. MSRP is
$31,315, only around $1,200 more than my 2003 GT convertible and
at least $5,000 less than a similar 2005 FWD V6 Toyota or
Chrysler FWD V6 convertible

mike hunt

Old January 6th 05, 03:54 PM
dwight

"Backyard Mechanic" > wrote in message
> Grover C. McCoury III opined in :
>
> > Ford to Unveil Latest Convertible Mustang
> > Wed Jan 5, 2005
> > By JOHN PORRETTO, AP Auto Writer
> >
> > DETROIT - Coming off the successful launch of its all-new 2005 Ford
> > Mustang, Ford Motor Co. is preparing to show off the latest ragtop
> > version of the legendary sports car.
> >
> > Ford is scheduled to unveil the all-new 2005 Mustang convertible
> > Wednesday at the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show and provide another
> > glimpse at next week's media preview for the North American
> > International Auto Show at Cobo Center.

> last pic of slides.. profile
>
> sweet
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5mc64
>

> --
> - Yes, I'm a crusty old geezer curmudgeon.. deal with it! -

Oh.... my.... god.

It looks even better than I'd hoped. I have to get me one of those garage
things real quick.

dwight