2005 Wrangler Unlimited tire/wheel question

Old January 9th 05, 07:01 PM

Default 2005 Wrangler Unlimited tire/wheel question

Can I put 2004/2005 31"/16" Rubicon tires/wheels directly on a 2005
Sport Unlimited that currently has 30"/15" tires/wheels.

Thanks

Old January 9th 05, 07:17 PM
Dave Milne

I believe so. The Rubicon rim is a 4.5" backspacing, and your sport has
probably 5.5" backspacing if it's an alloy rim. You will have to adjust the
steering stop to stop the tyres rubbing on the control arms on full lock.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

oups.com...

Old January 9th 05, 07:40 PM
Jerry Bransford

Dave, you're sure the Rubicon's wheel has 4.5" of backspacing? I'm not
disputing you, just surprised.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old January 9th 05, 07:51 PM
Dave Milne

Not positive, but that's what Moses Lundel's website said.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old January 11th 05, 01:42 AM
twaldron

The Rubicon wheel is 5" BS'd.

Dave Milne wrote:
> I believe so. The Rubicon rim is a 4.5" backspacing, and your sport has
> probably 5.5" backspacing if it's an alloy rim. You will have to adjust the
> steering stop to stop the tyres rubbing on the control arms on full lock.
>
> Dave Milne, Scotland
> '91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Can I put 2004/2005 31"/16" Rubicon tires/wheels directly on a 2005
>>Sport Unlimited that currently has 30"/15" tires/wheels.
>>
>>Thanks

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old January 11th 05, 02:06 AM
Dave Milne

woops, looks like I was wrong. thanks for the update.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

m...

2005 Wrangler Derrick Hudson Jeep 5 December 13th 04 12:23 AM
Towing with Wrangler Unlimited [email protected] Jeep 15 December 8th 04 01:46 AM