Gong Crazy

Old August 15th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
jl

Default Gong Crazy

The warning bell on my 96 Saturn blasts away in spite of the
headlights not being on. Anybody out there to tell me where to get to
that bell so I can disconnect it?

Thanks.

I have enjoyed my little double-cammed 4-banger. I have replaced
starter, alternator, and water pump by jacking her up and pulling the
right front wheel to get to the engine. Very easy to work on. I have
almost 200,000 miles on mine and the engine is going strong and does
not use much oil. I have almost 100,000 miles on a set of tires and
want some cheap ones like Kumhos. Anybody got a suggestion for cheap
185/65R-15 tires? Thanks in advance.
Old August 18th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

The fuse box fo the bell if I remember corectly is located on the passenger
side of the center console. Pull the cover off and look at the diagram
imprinted on the cover.

I would check into two tire options, forst your local tire shop and see if
they have any gentric equivalents. My forst Saturn had generic Continentals,
best tires I ever had and cheap. Next, TireRack.com.

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>

Old August 23rd 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
jl

Default Gong Crazy: Chime Driving Me Nuts

On Aug 18, 1:11*pm, "marx404" > wrote:
> The fuse box fo the bell if I remember corectly is located on the passenger
> side of the center console. Pull the cover off and look at the diagram
> imprinted on the cover.
>
> I would check into two tire options, forst your local tire shop and see if
> they have any gentric equivalents. My forst Saturn had generic Continentals,
> best tires I ever had and cheap. Next, TireRack.com.
>
> --
> marx404
> <all gmail posts blocked>

Thanks for the information. I pulled that cover and then pulled the 5
amp fuse marked "chime." It stopped the chime all right, but it also
took out my radio and clock.

I wish I could find that berserk chime itself. I am so mad at it I'd
take a sledge hammer to that damn noisy thing.

E32 1989 OBC gong Mario_ST BMW 4 May 18th 08 03:42 AM
Got To Be Falcon Crazy Racing - Crazy Car Shows suchi Ford Mustang 0 April 16th 08 12:32 PM
Got To Be Falcon Crazy Racing - Crazy Car Shows suchi Driving 0 April 16th 08 12:31 PM
Warning gong! HIBEE BMW 2 November 21st 05 08:01 PM
The GONG sound in the commercial Ambarabà Biccì Coccò BMW 0 July 4th 05 10:58 AM