302 Clevland????

Old September 27th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Default 302 Clevland????

trainfan1 wrote:
> WindsorFox wrote:
>> Nicholas Anthony wrote:

>>> Yes there is a 302 Cleveland. Basically they were made in Australia
>>> out of the 351 Cleveland to offer an alternative 8 cylinder engine.
>>> What they did was take the 351 and reduce the stroke from 3.5 inches
>>> to 3 inches.
>>>
>>> Nick
>>>

>> Well there you go. The more cars I looked at the more they
>> mentioned the 302 Cleavland, so I began to figure it wasn't a typo.
>>
>> On one of the sites they talk about the histories of the cars and
>> companies and while talking about Holden's history they showed a
>> picture of an 05 or 06 Commodore. Under the picture he says "and NO
>> you can not import one!" I want to know why. I also know if I ever do
>> this I do NOT want to move the controls.
>>

> You can get one, it's called Pontiac GTO here in the US.
>
> Rob

I was told by an importer that it has to be (IIRC) 12 years or
older to import.

--
"Wow, I want a billion Dollars and a pet monkey!" - Dale Jarrett

"Paul's vocabulary is rather large, but
most of the words have no meaning in English" - Joe Canuck

"Too bad it wasn't "personality theft"...you'd be immune." - Herb Tarlek
Old September 27th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Sep 23, 7:01 pm, WindsorFox > wrote:
> wrote:

> >> The '71 Boss 351 is generally regarded as the quickest production Mustang.

> > Obviously this is no longer true... and hasn't been for 20 years.

> Also whether you consider a Shelby to be "production" or not.

The new Shelbys (GT500 and Shelby GT) would be two of many to beat a
14.1 & 0-60 in 5.8.

Patrick