69 Mach1 roof oil cans. Is there supposed to be a roof bow in it?

Old October 23rd 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dan[_3_]

Default 69 Mach1 roof oil cans. Is there supposed to be a roof bow in it?

Hi,
I paint cars on the side and I went to look a 69 Mach1. The roof oil
cans easy. I mean I can push in down, it stays, but can easily be
popped back up. I noticed there are NO roof bows in it. My 67 and 68
have at least one roof bow. Did they omit them in 69? Would a roof bow
from a 67/68 fit a 69?
Danford1

Old October 24th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
walt peifer

"Dan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
> I paint cars on the side and I went to look a 69 Mach1. The roof oil
> cans easy. I mean I can push in down, it stays, but can easily be
> popped back up. I noticed there are NO roof bows in it. My 67 and 68
> have at least one roof bow. Did they omit them in 69? Would a roof bow
> from a 67/68 fit a 69?
> Danford1

according to the ford exploded view both the 67/68 and the 69/70 fastbacks
have the same style roof bows one just behind the windshield frame and one
just in front of the rear window. for a total of two bow that leave a large
section of the roof "unsupported"/ However the actually curve of the roof
combined with the rolled edges behind the drip trough should prevent oil
canning unless there was some significant damage to the car in the past.

Old October 25th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John[_15_]

"Dan" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
> I paint cars on the side and I went to look a 69 Mach1. The roof oil
> cans easy. I mean I can push in down, it stays, but can easily be
> popped back up. I noticed there are NO roof bows in it. My 67 and 68
> have at least one roof bow. Did they omit them in 69? Would a roof bow
> from a 67/68 fit a 69?

Dan,

I just pushed down in a few places on mine and it didn't oil can easily.
Beware!

--
John - ThunderSnake #59
'69 Mach 1 w/ 390 4V