SVT/GT500 News

Old March 22nd 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default SVT/GT500 News

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:31:18 GMT, Backyard Mechanic
> wrote:

>Zombywoof > wrote:
>
>> Hell I had a big enough issue with them over the GT to sit idlely by
>> and watch them do the same damn thing with the GT500.

>Let me get this straight.. you are going to show Ford that you arent going
>to 'sit idly by'.. by sitting idly by, and not buying the product.. right?

By that I mean I stroked old Bill Ford a letter letting him know how I
feel on the subject. We can all sit around in this forum and bitch
till the cows come home, but that ain't going to make a point with the
decision (or indecision as the case maybe) makers.

Does that put it into perspective for you?

Oh and sorry that my spell checker isn't up to your standards.

>> It seems that
>> the manufacturers have caught on to the fact that there are an awful
>> lot of fools out there with more money then sense.

>And you want Ford to learn their lessons from the foreign competition...
>but not apply ALL of them, right?

Hell I want Ford to learn lessons from their own dumbass mistakes, let
alone others. I've already dumped their stock that has been held in
my family for almost 50 years and moved the proceeds into Harley
Stock.
--

December 9, 2005 (CNN) While interviewing an anonymous
US Special Forces soldier, a Reuters News agent asked

The soldier shrugged and replied, "Recoil." (Possible Urban Legend)
Old March 22nd 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:38:12 -0500, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> wrote:

>Zombywoof wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:34:19 -0500, "Michael Johnson, PE"
>> > wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> My big issue with Ford on the GT500 is all the hype they have generated
>>> about bringing the car to market at the $40k-$45k level. They know a
>>> low production run will hike the price well beyond $50k. If they do
>>> limit production then I figure the '89 LX sitting in my garage will be
>>> my last new Mustang. It really irritates me that they have made such an
>>> issue about the price of the GT500 and if what is rumored comes to pass
>>> they have shown their word means nothing. All I want from Ford is to
>>> say what they will do and then do what they have said. Maybe that is
>>> asking too much of them.
>>>

>> Hell I had a big enough issue with them over the GT to sit idlely by
>> and watch them do the same damn thing with the GT500. It seems that
>> the manufacturers have caught on to the fact that there are an awful
>> lot of fools out there with more money then sense.

>At least with the GT they stated a production number and an MSRP and for
>the most part have held to those numbers. The dealers did what dealers
>do and tried to maximize profits. Ford has made a huge issue since last
>summer of bringing the GT500 in at $40k and making them in decent
>quantity. The GT500 was to be the next incarnation of the Terminator
>Cobra with a little extra by adding the Shelby name on the rear end.
>They aren't saying this anymore. Now the car is some kind of special
>limited production run targeted at collectors.
>
>I'm a patient man and will wait this out to see what really happens with
>the pricing. If I can't get a GT500 then a garden variety GT will not
>be what I am looking for. I have done the buildup routine and don't
>want to take that path again. I want a monster from the factory that I
>can drive and enjoy from day one and with a warranty. Funny but that is
>what I thought Ford had now with the Cobra model. A high reasonably
>priced, high performance Mustang for those of us wanting a more than a
>GT could deliver. Maybe that isn't so anymore. Hell, I would have
>settled for the current model with the '03-'04 Cobra drive train. I'm
>not greedy and didn't need, or want, Shelby's name on the car.

Well I've stroked my Joe Consumer perspective letter off to Bill and
that is about all I can really do other then cross my fingers & hope.
Ford could have controlled their dealers if they wanted to, they just
didn't want to and probably even privately condoned the markup
practices.

If I am not able to get what I want out of a next generation
production muscle car from Ford I just need to sit back and wait until
their exclusive control of the market is eroded by the reemergence of
the Challenger & Camaro. Personally at this time I am probably
leaning more towards a Challenger which will probably come in at an
even better price point. All I got to do is wait. As opposed to Ford
I'm not currently losing money by holding off on purchases.

Old March 22nd 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:39:53 GMT, Backyard Mechanic
> wrote:

>Scrape off all the needs vs wants and "would'a should'a could'a"
>
>Just WHAT is wrong with Ford setting a price and dealers, putting a premium
>on it?
> If the price is too high, no one will buy.

Someone will always buy. There are way more fools with money who just
don't care then enthusiasts who do.

>It might aggravate you... but what would you change? Suppose you've built
>a really exceptional car, and you list it for sale...And some chump comes
>around waving a Hemmings or KBB and tells you he wants the car but you're
>asking way too much.

What if it aggravates me to the point where I no longer by any
Ford/Lincoln or Mercury products and throw in Jags just for good
measure? Oh & tell those whom I have influence over to do the same?

>Bitching because a dealer will hold out for more money, while you'd have no
>problem doing the same just seems.... well... silly and self-centered.

If I was manufacturing a product to sell at a certain price point to
my consumers and my retail dealers were hosing said customers I just
might have quite a bit to say, like no more for you.

Old March 22nd 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Brent P wrote:

<lots of silliness deleted>

> Well I suggest you learn to use the kill file feature of your newsreader
> or get a newsreader with that feature and solve the problem you are
> having.

What problem is that? The fact that I find your Don Quixote redux as
boring and pointless? Why not spend that energy letting people who
actually have the capacity to change things know how you feel. If you
think Ford execs monitor this group, you might as well post your Xmas
list for Santa here too....

*shrug*
Old March 23rd 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, Ritz wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>
><lots of silliness deleted>
>
>> Well I suggest you learn to use the kill file feature of your newsreader
>> or get a newsreader with that feature and solve the problem you are
>> having.

> What problem is that? The fact that I find your Don Quixote redux as
> boring and pointless? Why not spend that energy letting people who
> actually have the capacity to change things know how you feel. If you
> think Ford execs monitor this group, you might as well post your Xmas
> list for Santa here too....
>
> *shrug*

I have attempted to find a meaningful address to a person at ford where
it would be worth my effort without luck so far. I have called ford, but
that was pointless excerise. So, if you can provide a meaningful mail or
email address to a real person at ford, please do. My complaints have
already been 'registered' in the normal fashion by the underlings.

Like I wrote, corporations do monitor this sort of thing. I worked for a
such a large corporation that monitored usenet. As for ford specifically
they do indeed monitor content on the web to at least some degree. My
Maverick website, when it still ran on servers I controlled so I could
read the logs would have visits from interesting hostnames deep within
the ford.com domain. Could have been some websurfing employee but some of
the hostnames indicated it was a little bit more than that.

If my posts bother you, kill file me and your problem is solved. Yet you
feel some overwhelming desire to consume your time insulting me.

Old March 23rd 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Zombywoof > wrote:

> Oh and sorry that my spell checker isn't up to your standards.

What's that about...? Really.. is "idly" wrong?... that's one of the
tricky ones.

Old March 23rd 06, 12:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Ritz wrote:
>> Brent P wrote:
>>
>> <lots of silliness deleted>
>>
>>> Well I suggest you learn to use the kill file feature of your newsreader
>>> or get a newsreader with that feature and solve the problem you are
>>> having.

>> What problem is that? The fact that I find your Don Quixote redux as
>> boring and pointless? Why not spend that energy letting people who
>> actually have the capacity to change things know how you feel. If you
>> think Ford execs monitor this group, you might as well post your Xmas
>> list for Santa here too....
>>
>> *shrug*

> I have attempted to find a meaningful address to a person at ford where
> it would be worth my effort without luck so far. I have called ford, but
> that was pointless excerise. So, if you can provide a meaningful mail or
> email address to a real person at ford, please do. My complaints have
> already been 'registered' in the normal fashion by the underlings.
>
> Like I wrote, corporations do monitor this sort of thing. I worked for a
> such a large corporation that monitored usenet. As for ford specifically
> they do indeed monitor content on the web to at least some degree. My
> Maverick website, when it still ran on servers I controlled so I could
> read the logs would have visits from interesting hostnames deep within
> the ford.com domain. Could have been some websurfing employee but some of
> the hostnames indicated it was a little bit more than that.

Let's see....after approximately 5 seconds of searching on the web, I found:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=F

Gee...their corporate address, main phone/fax #'s, and the names and
titles of all senior management. Knock yourself out.

> If my posts bother you, kill file me and your problem is solved. Yet you
> feel some overwhelming desire to consume your time insulting me.

It's about as bothersome as a mosquito flying about the room when you're
trying to sleep. If you want to post your uninspiring mind dumps here,
then at least have a skin thick enough to deal with the results. I'm
sure Ford would also love to know about the deep conspiracy of their
internal management having an interest in a website about a vehicle out
of production since the 70's. Break out the tinfoil hats....

Have a nice day,

Old March 23rd 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Would love to trade in the 03 for a new one but if ford is going to jack up
the price to the vette, I'll try that. I own aford and GM and neither have
given me a problem.

Old March 23rd 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, Ritz wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>> In article >, Ritz wrote:
>>> Brent P wrote:
>>>
>>> <lots of silliness deleted>

>>> What problem is that? The fact that I find your Don Quixote redux as
>>> boring and pointless? Why not spend that energy letting people who
>>> actually have the capacity to change things know how you feel. If you
>>> think Ford execs monitor this group, you might as well post your Xmas
>>> list for Santa here too....
>>>
>>> *shrug*

>> I have attempted to find a meaningful address to a person at ford where
>> it would be worth my effort without luck so far. I have called ford, but
>> that was pointless excerise. So, if you can provide a meaningful mail or
>> email address to a real person at ford, please do. My complaints have
>> already been 'registered' in the normal fashion by the underlings.
>>
>> Like I wrote, corporations do monitor this sort of thing. I worked for a
>> such a large corporation that monitored usenet. As for ford specifically
>> they do indeed monitor content on the web to at least some degree. My
>> Maverick website, when it still ran on servers I controlled so I could
>> read the logs would have visits from interesting hostnames deep within
>> the ford.com domain. Could have been some websurfing employee but some of
>> the hostnames indicated it was a little bit more than that.

> Let's see....after approximately 5 seconds of searching on the web, I found:
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=F
>
> Gee...their corporate address, main phone/fax #'s, and the names and
> titles of all senior management. Knock yourself out.

What about meaningful contact information did you not understand?
General corporate information is usually useless in actually contacting
someone meaningful at a large corporation. There is maybe a 1% chance
that any mail ends up in the hands of the right person. I really
shouldn't have to explain this to any adult who's been out in the world.
Are you 13 years old and doing your write-the-corporation assignment for
school?

Addressing a letter to Bill Ford, FoMoCo, Dearborn, MI is going to be
about as successful as GW Bush, Washington DC, USA. If you're really
lucky, some secretary sends you a form letter in return. Hell, this
probably comes a as a shock to you, you probably think those return
letters were actually written by the head guy and signed by him, by hand.
On rare occasion it does happen. RARE. They are generally written by some
staff member and the signature is from a stamp or some more modern
reproduction technique.

I've already had my more or less form phone conversation. The guy wasn't
the usual drone though so I can't be too hard on him, but there's no way
that conversation went beyond the lowest levels. So when you have
something meaningful, some way of getting by the layers of employees to
a decision maker, not the general corporate mail bag, let me know.

>> If my posts bother you, kill file me and your problem is solved. Yet you
>> feel some overwhelming desire to consume your time insulting me.

> It's about as bothersome as a mosquito flying about the room when you're
> trying to sleep. If you want to post your uninspiring mind dumps here,
> then at least have a skin thick enough to deal with the results.

Let's see, you are complaining about my posts. Why don't you take your
own advice and learn how to deal with it?

> I'm
> sure Ford would also love to know about the deep conspiracy of their
> internal management having an interest in a website about a vehicle out
> of production since the 70's. Break out the tinfoil hats....

It's not my fault you apparently have zero experience with large
corporations. Afterall you think a general corporate address gets your
letter in the hands of the right person.... you must also believe that
sending your resume into the human resources meat grinder is as effective
as having a hiring manager's name and contact info too! But back to
internet content, so how did blueovalnews.com end up in court again? Ford
found that they were providing content ford didn't like seeing out there.
How did Ford know it was there?

It's clear that you are an ignorant when it comes to things. After
all, only such a person would confuse a corporation's rutine examination of
internet content with some kind of tin-foil hat conspirisy. The excutives
at one company I used to work for would rutinely check the yahoo finance
message board regarding the company's stock. I've gotten feedback on
products that I have worked on that was scarfed from web discussion
groups by people in the company and put together in reports and sent to
us. The large consumer products manufacturer that I once worked for
noticed pilot run product turning up on ebay. That company is the
same one that detected my usenet posting where I attempted to help a
customer directly. Ford is more than advanced enough to have people taking a
sampling. They would be stupid not to.

Old March 23rd 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Brent P wrote:
>> Let's see....after approximately 5 seconds of searching on the web, I found:
>>
>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=F
>>
>> Gee...their corporate address, main phone/fax #'s, and the names and
>> titles of all senior management. Knock yourself out.

> What about meaningful contact information did you not understand?
> General corporate information is usually useless in actually contacting
> someone meaningful at a large corporation. There is maybe a 1% chance
> that any mail ends up in the hands of the right person. I really
> shouldn't have to explain this to any adult who's been out in the world.
> Are you 13 years old and doing your write-the-corporation assignment for
> school?

Heh. Those same people each have assistants who's job it is to wade
through drivel from people like yourself and forward it to appropriate
personnel.

> Addressing a letter to Bill Ford, FoMoCo, Dearborn, MI is going to be
> about as successful as GW Bush, Washington DC, USA. If you're really

....but certainly more successful than whining to a bunch of strangers on
a usenet group. If you insist on wasting your time, why not limit the
time wasted by others to Bill Ford's assistant?

> lucky, some secretary sends you a form letter in return. Hell, this
> probably comes a as a shock to you, you probably think those return
> letters were actually written by the head guy and signed by him, by hand.
> On rare occasion it does happen. RARE. They are generally written by some
> staff member and the signature is from a stamp or some more modern
> reproduction technique.

Spare me the corporate 101, junior. A well ejuhcated and experienced
person like yourself should have no difficulty with such a trivial task
as influencing the marketing decision of a Fortune 50 company. Jump
right in and do let us know how it works out...<plonk>

>> It's about as bothersome as a mosquito flying about the room when

you're
>> trying to sleep. If you want to post your uninspiring mind dumps here,
>> then at least have a skin thick enough to deal with the results.

> Let's see, you are complaining about my posts. Why don't you take your
> own advice and learn how to deal with it?

Because I guess I'm deriving some small amount of pleasure from making
you look like an ass. I'm sorry. I'll try to contain myself.

> customer directly. Ford is more than advanced enough to have people taking a
> sampling. They would be stupid not to.

I'll defer to your expert tesitmony on stupidity.

Have a nice day,