Cops get new tool in battle against deadly drunk drivers

Old December 29th 05, 10:56 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Default Cops get new tool in battle against deadly drunk drivers

STOP CROSSPOSTING TO ALT.TRUE-CRIME
STOP CROSSPOSTING TO ALT.TRUE-CRIME
STOP CROSSPOSTING TO ALT.TRUE-CRIME
STOP CROSSPOSTING TO ALT.TRUE-CRIME
STOP CROSSPOSTING TO ALT.TRUE-CRIME
oups.com...

Old December 30th 05, 08:11 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

"JB" > wrote...

> JonesieCat wrote:
> > STOP CROSSPOSTING TO ALT.TRUE-CRIME
> > "JB" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...

shouldn't

> > > I'm not saying I'm against the use of this thing, but the "you
> > > shouldn't mind if you have nothing to hide" argument is

nonsense.
> > > Let's try this: Do you think that a cop should be able to enter

your
> > > house, whenever he feels like it? Assuming you will answer 'no'

(you
> > > will of course correct me if I'm wrong), let me ask "why not.

If you
> > > have nothing to hide, then why should you mind? Or do you have
> > > something to hide?
> > >

> All I did was hit 'reply', typed my message, then posted it.
>
> So...
>

> I don't know WTF you're talking about.

A suggested addition to the sequence:

Hit 'reply'.

Find newsgroups line in header.

Remove non-applicable newsgroups (for threads/sub-threads started by
LBMHBF/LB-VH/Dingbat's-nym-of-day, this includes removing all listed
newsgroups negating the need to continue).

Type message.

Post.

--Andy
Andrew G. Tompkins
Software Engineer
Beaverton, OR
http://home.comcast.net/~andytom/Highways

Old December 30th 05, 10:00 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Andrew Tompkins wrote:
> "JB" > wrote...
> >
> > JonesieCat wrote:
> > > STOP CROSSPOSTING TO ALT.TRUE-CRIME
> > > "JB" > wrote in message
> > > oups.com...

> shouldn't

> nonsense.

> your

> (you

> If you
> > > >

> > All I did was hit 'reply', typed my message, then posted it.
> >
> > So...
> >

> > I don't know WTF you're talking about.
> >

> A suggested addition to the sequence:
>
> Hit 'reply'.
>
> Find newsgroups line in header.
>
> Remove non-applicable newsgroups (for threads/sub-threads started by
> LBMHBF/LB-VH/Dingbat's-nym-of-day, this includes removing all listed
> newsgroups negating the need to continue).
>
> Type message.
>
> Post.
>
> --Andy

You should open your mouth a little wider when you speak.

Old December 31st 05, 12:03 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:11:22 -0800, "Andrew Tompkins"
> wrote:

>A suggested addition to the sequence:
>
>Hit 'reply'.
>
>Find newsgroups line in header.
>
>Remove non-applicable newsgroups (for threads/sub-threads started by
>LBMHBF/LB-VH/Dingbat's-nym-of-day, this includes removing all listed
>newsgroups negating the need to continue).
>
>Type message.
>
>Post.

As an alleged software engineer, why can't you follow your own
instructions?
Old December 31st 05, 09:14 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:11:22 -0800, "Andrew Tompkins"
> > wrote:
>
> >A suggested addition to the sequence:
> >
> >Hit 'reply'.
> >
> >Find newsgroups line in header.
> >
> >Remove non-applicable newsgroups (for threads/sub-threads started

by
> >LBMHBF/LB-VH/Dingbat's-nym-of-day, this includes removing all

listed
> >newsgroups negating the need to continue).
> >
> >Type message.
> >
> >Post.

> As an alleged software engineer, why can't you follow your own
> instructions?

\* Too ensure JB receives suggestion *\
if( NG from which JB posts is unknown )
{
Post to all listed newsgroups
}

Old December 31st 05, 11:43 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 13:14:52 -0800, "Andrew Tompkins"
> > wrote:
>
> >> As an alleged software engineer, why can't you follow your own
> >> instructions?

> >\* Too ensure JB receives suggestion *\
> >if( NG from which JB posts is unknown )
> >{
> > Post to all listed newsgroups
> >}
> >
> >--Andy
> >Andrew G. Tompkins
> >Software Engineer

> Some software engineer you are - you got your comment slashes
> backwards!

Too much working on my Windows file system lately. Besides, it
obviously got the message across, which is the intent of good
pseudo-code.

Old January 2nd 06, 10:09 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote...

> >> Some software engineer you are - you got your comment slashes
> >> backwards!

> >Too much working on my Windows file system lately.

> Well, the fact that you misspelled "to" is a point in support of

your
> claim.

More noise in the wind. Do you have a complaint of substance or are
you just going to pick nits?

Old January 3rd 06, 11:17 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote...
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 14:09:00 -0800, "Andrew Tompkins"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote...
> >> On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:43:37 -0800, "Andrew Tompkins"

> >> Well, the fact that you misspelled "to" is a point in support of

your
> >> claim.

> >More noise in the wind. Do you have a complaint of substance or

are
> >you just going to pick nits?

> // I'm not picking nits, I'm giving you ****.

Hmm, sorry, missed the critter on the end in the first reading. Been
through the Usenet School of Hard Knocks with people who like to make
lots of noise without saying a whole lot (not implying that you are
one of them; things just looked like they were going that way).

--Andy
Andrew G. Tompkins
Software Engineer
Beaverton, OR
http://home.comcast.net/~andytom/Highways

Drunk Pilots / Drunk Drivers [email protected] Driving 6 June 13th 05 04:16 PM
The Nation's Worst Drivers [email protected] Ford Mustang 22 May 31st 05 01:56 AM
Should drunk drivers and speeders be micro-chipped?? Garth Almgren Driving 1 May 20th 05 07:18 AM
Drives me crazy MidnightDad Driving 35 April 26th 05 03:05 AM
Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 01:37 AM