Are enviro-nuts EVER satisfied??

Old December 9th 05, 02:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Are enviro-nuts EVER satisfied??

Interesting take, Rich.... I'm a hypocrite because of what???? Saying that
we all need to do what we can? Because I avail myself of the latest
technology? Because I recycle? What part makes me a hypocrite??

I think you should spend more money on drugs.... those cheap ones are
f*cking you up too much...

"Rich" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 04:48:27 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> > wrote:
>
>>Now there's an attitude that really works......Everyone must love you as
>>you
>>leave a trail of things for other people to take care of in your wake....
>>

> Like what? Or are you just speculating?
> Probably the thing I can't stand the most about all this are the
> hypocrites who NEVER practice what they preach. Give up your
> car, give up heating your house or using electricity, because they ALL
> pollute. Ride the 30 miles you have to to go to a grocery store (and
> only buy organic produce at 3x the price) on a bicycle during a -40
> deg. Alberta cold snap!!!!!
> -Rich

. ..

Old December 9th 05, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Rich" > barked out his ass:

: >:
: >: >Has it occured to you that we should keep trying until we get it
right?
: >: >If not, then what legacy do we leave to future generations?
: >: >
: >: >Kate
: >:
: >: The future generations will have far more advanced technology that
: >: will allow them to better deal with any problem we might choose to
: >: tackle. Leave it for them.
: >: -Rich
: >
: >Oh, you are out of your rabbid assed mind.
: >
: >KJK
: >
:
: And you are a typical, unthinking, knee-jerk LIBERAL.
: Sell your cars NOW!
: -Rich

Sadly, the only intelligent posts you EVER make, are the plagiarized copy
and paste articles that you toss out now and then.

Otherwise, you have nothing of real value to offer, not even anything worthy
of entertainment value.

You are an idiot without an original thought in your empty head. Your idea
of "**** it up and let the future generations fix it" is completely absurd.
by demonstrating your ability to right and left click on your mouse
buttons..

KJK

Old December 9th 05, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Rich" > wrote in message
: On 7 Dec 2005 10:39:34 -0800, "Dan" > wrote:
:
: >Yeah, on the other hand, my car with no cats just passed emissions.
: >Locally (Alb, NM) they've adopted the OBD-II emissions testing without
: >any sniffer in the tail pipe. My car is completely healthy from the
: >perspective of the OBD-II systems so I passed the test. There is,
: >currently, no visual inspection, so the straight pipes, while raising
: >questions, did not cause my car to fail. And I can put a pair of empty
: >cat cans on for the visual and still pass since my car is healthy
: >according to the diagnostics.
: >
: >The point is, cats may become superfluous on vehicles later than 1996.
:
: Catalytic converters are like hydrogen fuel; All the environuts want
: them/it, but never stop to consider what is done to PROVIDE the
: materials to make them. In the case of platinum, an ingredient in
: converters, it's the clearing of the plant life, the blasting, the
: digging, transporting, crushing, processing, refining
: of one ounce of metal from at least 25 tons of rock. How much energy
: and pollution do you suppose that creates in whatever backward country
: it's done in?
: -Rich

Is this the same asswipe that just called me a liberal? Which side of your
mouth are you whistling out of now dimwit?
Sheesh, choose a side and stick with it will you?
KJK

Old December 9th 05, 05:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 02:41:06 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> wrote:

>Interesting take, Rich.... I'm a hypocrite because of what???? Saying that
>we all need to do what we can? Because I avail myself of the latest
>technology? Because I recycle? What part makes me a hypocrite??
>
>I think you should spend more money on drugs.... those cheap ones are
>f*cking you up too much...

ROFLMAO!!!!! Dang , and I swallowed my gum!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

.. .

--

Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Old December 9th 05, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

KJ.Kate wrote:
> "Rich" > barked out his ass:
>

> : >:
> : >: >Has it occured to you that we should keep trying until we get it
> right?
> : >: >If not, then what legacy do we leave to future generations?
> : >: >
> : >: >Kate
> : >:
> : >: The future generations will have far more advanced technology that
> : >: will allow them to better deal with any problem we might choose to
> : >: tackle. Leave it for them.
> : >: -Rich
> : >
> : >Oh, you are out of your rabbid assed mind.
> : >
> : >KJK
> : >
> :
> : And you are a typical, unthinking, knee-jerk LIBERAL.
> : Sell your cars NOW!
> : -Rich
>

> Sadly, the only intelligent posts you EVER make, are the plagiarized copy
> and paste articles that you toss out now and then.
>
> Otherwise, you have nothing of real value to offer, not even anything worthy
> of entertainment value.
>
> You are an idiot without an original thought in your empty head. Your idea
> of "**** it up and let the future generations fix it" is completely absurd.
> by demonstrating your ability to right and left click on your mouse
> buttons..

He does the exact same thing in the digital photography groups I
frequent. He links to and plagiarizes boring, outdated web
articles/sites. Complains about DSLR camera brands and HE DOESN'T EVEN
OWN A FRIGGIN' DSLR CAMERA! They smack him around regularly in those
groups. Personally I think he's a troll or starved for attention, even
if it is negative.
Old December 9th 05, 05:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Rich wrote:
> On 7 Dec 2005 10:39:34 -0800, "Dan" > wrote:
>
>> Yeah, on the other hand, my car with no cats just passed emissions.
>> Locally (Alb, NM) they've adopted the OBD-II emissions testing without
>> any sniffer in the tail pipe. My car is completely healthy from the
>> perspective of the OBD-II systems so I passed the test. There is,
>> currently, no visual inspection, so the straight pipes, while raising
>> questions, did not cause my car to fail. And I can put a pair of empty
>> cat cans on for the visual and still pass since my car is healthy
>> according to the diagnostics.
>>
>> The point is, cats may become superfluous on vehicles later than 1996.

> Catalytic converters are like hydrogen fuel; All the environuts want
> them/it, but never stop to consider what is done to PROVIDE the
> materials to make them. In the case of platinum, an ingredient in
> converters, it's the clearing of the plant life, the blasting, the
> digging, transporting, crushing, processing, refining
> of one ounce of metal from at least 25 tons of rock. How much energy
> and pollution do you suppose that creates in whatever backward country
> it's done in?

All we need are batteries that can run a car for 300 miles, can be
recharged in less than 5 minutes and can last 1,000 charge cycles. Put
an efficient, 50-100hp electric motor in each wheel hub and just think
of the savings that could result. No more antifreeze, oil, gasoline,
transmission fluid, grease, power steering fluid etc. Then think of the
addition interior space and packaging possibilities from having no drive
train. Also, the performance possibilities would be fantastic with
computers controlling each drive wheel with a finesse not remotely
possible on today's cars/trucks. The car I described could be built
today if we, the consumers, demanded it. BTW, do you own a car?
Old December 9th 05, 11:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
:

> Rich wrote:
>> On 7 Dec 2005 10:39:34 -0800, "Dan" > wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, on the other hand, my car with no cats just passed emissions.
>>> Locally (Alb, NM) they've adopted the OBD-II emissions testing
>>> without any sniffer in the tail pipe. My car is completely healthy
>>> from the perspective of the OBD-II systems so I passed the test.
>>> There is, currently, no visual inspection, so the straight pipes,
>>> while raising questions, did not cause my car to fail. And I can
>>> put a pair of empty cat cans on for the visual and still pass since
>>> my car is healthy according to the diagnostics.
>>>
>>> The point is, cats may become superfluous on vehicles later than
>>> 1996.

>> Catalytic converters are like hydrogen fuel; All the environuts
>> want them/it, but never stop to consider what is done to PROVIDE the
>> materials to make them. In the case of platinum, an ingredient in
>> converters, it's the clearing of the plant life, the blasting, the
>> digging, transporting, crushing, processing, refining
>> of one ounce of metal from at least 25 tons of rock. How much
>> energy and pollution do you suppose that creates in whatever
>> backward country it's done in?

> All we need are batteries that can run a car for 300 miles, can be
> recharged in less than 5 minutes and can last 1,000 charge cycles.
> Put an efficient, 50-100hp electric motor in each wheel hub and just
> think of the savings that could result. No more antifreeze, oil,
> gasoline, transmission fluid, grease, power steering fluid etc. Then
> think of the addition interior space and packaging possibilities from
> having no drive train. Also, the performance possibilities would be
> fantastic with computers controlling each drive wheel with a finesse
> not remotely possible on today's cars/trucks. The car I described
> could be built today if we, the consumers, demanded it. BTW, do you
> own a car?

So Michael, if that Shelby you're considering had those 4 electric
motors you're talking about instead of what it will really come with,
would you still be considering it?
Old December 9th 05, 01:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
: KJ.Kate wrote:
: > "Rich" > barked out his ass:
: >
: >
: >
: > : >:
: > : >: >Has it occured to you that we should keep trying until we get it
: > right?
: > : >: >If not, then what legacy do we leave to future generations?
: > : >: >
: > : >: >Kate
: > : >:
: > : >: The future generations will have far more advanced technology that
: > : >: will allow them to better deal with any problem we might choose to
: > : >: tackle. Leave it for them.
: > : >: -Rich
: > : >
: > : >Oh, you are out of your rabbid assed mind.
: > : >
: > : >KJK
: > : >
: > :
: > : And you are a typical, unthinking, knee-jerk LIBERAL.
: > : Sell your cars NOW!
: > : -Rich
: >
: >
: > Sadly, the only intelligent posts you EVER make, are the plagiarized
copy
: > and paste articles that you toss out now and then.
: >
: > Otherwise, you have nothing of real value to offer, not even anything
worthy
: > of entertainment value.
: >
: > You are an idiot without an original thought in your empty head. Your
idea
: > of "**** it up and let the future generations fix it" is completely
absurd.
intelligence
: > by demonstrating your ability to right and left click on your mouse
: > buttons..
:
: He does the exact same thing in the digital photography groups I
: frequent. He links to and plagiarizes boring, outdated web
: articles/sites. Complains about DSLR camera brands and HE DOESN'T EVEN
: OWN A FRIGGIN' DSLR CAMERA! They smack him around regularly in those
: groups. Personally I think he's a troll or starved for attention, even
: if it is negative.

Until recently he's been relatively harmless, but here lately it's as if
someone gave him too high a jolt of electricity at the funny farm or like
Spike said cheap drugs.

KJK

Old December 9th 05, 03:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Joe wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Rich wrote:

>>> Catalytic converters are like hydrogen fuel; All the environuts
>>> want them/it, but never stop to consider what is done to PROVIDE the
>>> materials to make them. In the case of platinum, an ingredient in
>>> converters, it's the clearing of the plant life, the blasting, the
>>> digging, transporting, crushing, processing, refining
>>> of one ounce of metal from at least 25 tons of rock. How much
>>> energy and pollution do you suppose that creates in whatever
>>> backward country it's done in?

>> All we need are batteries that can run a car for 300 miles, can be
>> recharged in less than 5 minutes and can last 1,000 charge cycles.
>> Put an efficient, 50-100hp electric motor in each wheel hub and just
>> think of the savings that could result. No more antifreeze, oil,
>> gasoline, transmission fluid, grease, power steering fluid etc. Then
>> think of the addition interior space and packaging possibilities from
>> having no drive train. Also, the performance possibilities would be
>> fantastic with computers controlling each drive wheel with a finesse
>> not remotely possible on today's cars/trucks. The car I described
>> could be built today if we, the consumers, demanded it. BTW, do you
>> own a car?

> So Michael, if that Shelby you're considering had those 4 electric
> motors you're talking about instead of what it will really come with,
> would you still be considering it?

Sure. Electric motors can be torque monsters. I don't care what it
runs on just as long as it can do a burnout and go like a bat out of
hell. I would miss the exhaust note but it would be one hell of a
sleeper.
Old December 9th 05, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

>:
>: He does the exact same thing in the digital photography groups I
>: frequent. He links to and plagiarizes boring, outdated web
>: articles/sites. Complains about DSLR camera brands and HE DOESN'T EVEN
>: OWN A FRIGGIN' DSLR CAMERA! They smack him around regularly in those
>: groups. Personally I think he's a troll or starved for attention, even
>: if it is negative.
>
>Until recently he's been relatively harmless, but here lately it's as if
>someone gave him too high a jolt of electricity at the funny farm or like
>Spike said cheap drugs.
>
>KJK

Or, while out picking through the dump recently, he came across a
stack of old Greenpeace magazines....