This is how environmentalists die

Old August 9th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming
Rich

Default This is how environmentalists die

Poetic Justice wrote:
> columbiaaccidentinvestigation wrote:
>> On Aug 8, 4:48 am, Poetic Justice -n-
>> Dog.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a better heaven to go to when you die Green? Do we get 71 or 72
>>> or 73 virgins?
>>>
>>> Smaller lighter better mileage vehicles increase the death rate. Being
>>> Green kills people. How many men women and babies have you Green
>>> Warriors killed in the last 5 years?

>> says the person who is most likely to run himself over with a
>> bicycle.........

> I did build Bicycles when I was a kid.. I welded them and created plenty
> of different kinds, yet I was never run over, I did fall off and crash a
> few.

Yeah, yeah, how about the important stuff. How many virgins did you get?

:-)

Cheers,

Rich

Old August 9th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming
Poetic Justice

Rich wrote:
> Poetic Justice wrote:
>> columbiaaccidentinvestigation wrote:

>>> says the person who is most likely to run himself over with a
>>> bicycle.........

>> I did build Bicycles when I was a kid.. I welded them and created
>> plenty of different kinds, yet I was never run over, I did fall off
>> and crash a few.

> Yeah, yeah, how about the important stuff. How many virgins did you get?
>
> :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rich

Not enough...
Old August 9th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming
Fran

On Aug 8, 9:48*pm, Poetic Justice -n-
Dog.com> wrote:
> Fran wrote:
> > On Aug 8, 1:20 pm, Rich > wrote:
> >> He should have been in a 13mpg Ferrari!

> > Both of them should have been on bicycles or riding public transport

> > Fran

> Is there a better heaven to go to when you die Green? Do we get 71 or 72
> or 73 virgins?
>
> Smaller lighter better mileage vehicles increase the death rate. *

Ok ... here comes the umpteenth strawman/false dilemma

> Being
> Green kills people.

No it doesn't. We 'greens' favour public transport at the expense of
personalised transport, which does work out statistically safer. If
the bulk of people now in any personal car were in public transport,
road trauma would be way down. If some of the residuals were on bikes
(or even in smaller lighter vehicles than typical passenger cars),
that would still be true. Indeed, just the fact that these bicycles
and smaller lighter vehicles would not be comepting for road space
with as many other drivers, and the fact that many of the drivers they
were competing with would be doing it for a living on a timetable with
dozens of people watching them and insisting they drove responsibly,
would ensure that.

> How many men women and babies have you Green
> Warriors killed in the last 5 years?

None. Had we had our way, far fewer would have suffered injuries.
Perhaps even more statistically significantly, had we had our way, the
human habitat would have been more conducive to health, since the air
and water would have been cleaner. A substantial proportion of the
populace don't drive cars, but exactly 100% of them have to breathe
the air and drink the water.

The real questions are 'how many lives have you pollution advocates
shortened, made more costly in time and money terms or less
pleasant?'. 'How much of first world obesity or family stress are you
responsible for?

That would be a huge figure.

Fran
Old August 9th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming
Fran

On Aug 9, 6:31*am, Rich > wrote:
> Fran wrote:
> > On Aug 8, 1:20 pm, Rich > wrote:
> >> He should have been in a 13mpg Ferrari!

> > Both of them should have been on bicycles or riding public transport

> Do you ride a bicycle everywhere or take public transport?

No, I don't.

The error you persistently make is to ignore context and to reduce
everything to the action of acontextual individuals.

Riding a bicyle in a city jammed to the rafters with cars is not as
safe as riding a bicycle in a city where cars are sparingly used.
Taking public transport in a city with plenty of it is far better than
where this is not the case.

At this stage, risk/reward IN MY CONTEXT suggests a car.

Were it otherwise, I'd have a different view.

Fran
Old August 9th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming
Rich

Fran wrote:
> On Aug 9, 6:31 am, Rich > wrote:
>> Fran wrote:
>>> Both of them should have been on bicycles or riding public transport

>> Do you ride a bicycle everywhere or take public transport?

> No, I don't.

Odd then that you think others should.

> The error you persistently make is to ignore context and to reduce
> everything to the action of acontextual individuals.

More babbling.

> Riding a bicyle in a city jammed to the rafters with cars is not as
> safe as riding a bicycle in a city where cars are sparingly used.
> Taking public transport in a city with plenty of it is far better than
> where this is not the case.

So?

> At this stage, risk/reward IN MY CONTEXT suggests a car.

Of course.

And what do you know of the contexts of others?

> Were it otherwise, I'd have a different view.

Were it otherwise you would practice what you preach. No chance
of that.

Cheers,

Rich

Old August 9th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming
Kruse

On Aug 8, 5:12 am, Fran > wrote:
> On Aug 8, 1:20 pm, Rich > wrote:
>
> Both of them should have been on bicycles or riding public transport
>
> Fran

This post reminds me of a little bit of news that I saw about a week
ago.

Al Gore and his family were at some environmental symposium where, of
course, he was babbling on about
how we are not doing enough to save the planets. (Probably at $1000 a
plate, who knows....)
Anyway, a reporter and his camera man go outside and film Al's limo.
The limo is outside idling for 45 minutes. The camera man and reporter
go tap on the driver's window.
The driver lowers the window and the reporters ask him if idling the
car is good for the environment.
He promply raises the window and keeps the car idling.
A few minutes later Al and his family jump into the idling limo with
the 50 degree interior and they take off.

DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO!!!!!!

Old August 9th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming
Poetic Justice

Fran wrote:
> On Aug 8, 9:48 pm, Poetic Justice -n-
> Dog.com> wrote:
>> Fran wrote:
>>> Both of them should have been on bicycles or riding public transport
>>> Fran

>> Is there a better heaven to go to when you die Green? Do we get 71 or 72
>> or 73 virgins?
>>
>> Smaller lighter better mileage vehicles increase the death rate.

> Ok ... here comes the umpteenth strawman/false dilemma
>

>> Being
>> Green kills people.

> No it doesn't. We 'greens' favour public transport at the expense of
> personalised transport, which does work out statistically safer. If
> the bulk of people now in any personal car were in public transport,
> road trauma would be way down. If some of the residuals were on bikes

More people more trips more stress on the system, more accidents.
Bikes carry only one... more bikes will be needed to carry the same
number of people... where there were 4 people in one car, you would put
4 bicycles on the roads to become targets.

> (or even in smaller lighter vehicles than typical passenger cars),
> that would still be true. Indeed, just the fact that these bicycles
> and smaller lighter vehicles would not be comepting for road space
> with as many other drivers, and the fact that many of the drivers they

That's of little solace to the families of the dead bicyclers.

> were competing with would be doing it for a living on a timetable with
> dozens of people watching them and insisting they drove responsibly,
> would ensure that.
>
>> How many men women and babies have you Green
>> Warriors killed in the last 5 years?

> None. Had we had our way, far fewer would have suffered injuries.
> Perhaps even more statistically significantly, had we had our way, the
> human habitat would have been more conducive to health, since the air
> and water would have been cleaner. A substantial proportion of the

Moving the goal posts doesn't work here... we are talking about
transportation and the Green Warriors attack on our freedom choose.

> populace don't drive cars, but exactly 100% of them have to breathe
> the air and drink the water.

New subject?

You prefer to allow people to be cold and or hot and that leads to
health problems. The infirm can't stress themselves by cycling and
walking, you will kill them too.

> The real questions are 'how many lives have you pollution advocates
> shortened, made more costly in time and money terms or less
> pleasant?'. 'How much of first world obesity or family stress are you
> responsible for?

None, we allow people to do and go where and what they please. If you
live next to a coal plant... move.

> That would be a huge figure.

Made up figure.

Old August 9th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming
Poetic Justice

Kruse wrote:
> On Aug 8, 5:12 am, Fran > wrote:
>> On Aug 8, 1:20 pm, Rich > wrote:
>>
>> Both of them should have been on bicycles or riding public transport
>>
>> Fran

> This post reminds me of a little bit of news that I saw about a week
> ago.
>
> Al Gore and his family were at some environmental symposium where, of
> course, he was babbling on about
> how we are not doing enough to save the planets. (Probably at $1000 a
> plate, who knows....)
> Anyway, a reporter and his camera man go outside and film Al's limo.
> The limo is outside idling for 45 minutes. The camera man and reporter
> go tap on the driver's window.
> The driver lowers the window and the reporters ask him if idling the
> car is good for the environment.
> He promply raises the window and keeps the car idling.
> A few minutes later Al and his family jump into the idling limo with
> the 50 degree interior and they take off.
>
> DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO!!!!!!

Worse... Al just doesn't care about the Environment or he would be
willing to struggle with smaller vehicles and try to make his footprint
as small or smaller than the rest of us that "don't care" about the
environment.

Old August 9th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming

On Aug 8, 4:02*pm, Rich > wrote:
> Poetic Justice wrote:
> > columbiaaccidentinvestigation wrote:

> >> says the person who is most likely to run himself over with a
> >> bicycle.........

> > I did build Bicycles when I was a kid.. I welded them and created plenty
> > of different kinds, yet I was never run over, I did fall off and crash a
> > few.

> Yeah, yeah, how about the important stuff. How many virgins did you get?
>
> :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rich- Hide quoted text -

please show more of your igorance, as it is most certainly your better
side.....
Old August 9th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.global-warming
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

On Aug 8, 3:33*pm, Poetic Justice -n-
Dog.com> wrote:
> columbiaaccidentinvestigation wrote:
> > On Aug 8, 4:48 am, Poetic Justice -n-
> > Dog.com> wrote:
> >> Is there a better heaven to go to when you die Green? Do we get 71 or 72
> >> or 73 virgins?

> >> Smaller lighter better mileage vehicles increase the death rate. *Being
> >> Green kills people. How many men women and babies have you Green
> >> Warriors killed in the last 5 years?

> > says the person who is most likely to run himself over with a
> > bicycle.........

> I did build Bicycles when I was a kid.. I welded them and created plenty
> of different kinds, yet I was never run over, I did fall off and crash a
> few.- Hide quoted text -

laughing, and someday you will no longer need those training
wheels......