GM: Kill Pontiac

Old March 29th 05, 10:39 PM
Tom Adkins

> Did they do that good job of disguising the Mark VIII from the
> Fairmont by changing the outer body shell, interior, wheel base,
> microprocessor, engine, transmission, rear and the suspension?
>

> mike hunt
>

> Tom Adkins wrote:
>

>> That would be a MK VII (7). I usually joke that mine is a Cougar with a gland
>>problem. I have also referred to it as a Fairmont in disguise.

I don't believe the VIII is a Fox platform, Isn't it an MN12 platform? The VII is a
Fox car.
No, it's not just a warmed over Fairmont, but it is based on the same chassis.
There's no denying that it's roots were the Fairmont/LTD/Mustang of the mid 80s. One
could say they are siblings.
The Cougar and Fairmont references are tongue in cheek references to it's lineage.
Old March 30th 05, 04:35 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

noname wrote:
> What the heck is an "H1"

The first *fake* Hummer. As opposed to the currently available H2,
the second *fake* Hummer.
Old March 30th 05, 04:38 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

C. E. White wrote:
> "M.C. Tee" > wrote in message
>
>>h1 = real hummer
>>h2 = tahoe + body kit

> I think it would be more correct to say Suburban 2500 + body kit. It has a
> GCVW high enough to avoid CAFE. I'll admit the difference is somewhat
> trivial. The actual H2 wheelbase is different than either the Tahoe or
> Suburban, but it has the same heavier duty suspension components as the HD
> Suburban.
>
> Ed

Hey look, Ed's still around. :-p
Old March 31st 05, 01:16 AM
RichA

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:35:11 -0600, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> wrote:

>noname wrote:
>> What the heck is an "H1"
>>

> The first *fake* Hummer. As opposed to the currently available H2,
>the second *fake* Hummer.

The posturing, over-monied suburban sissies needed their comfort.
-Rich
Old March 31st 05, 02:59 AM

Tom Adkins wrote:

> I don't believe the VIII is a Fox platform, Isn't it an MN12

platform? The
> VII is a Fox car.

I say you're correct.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old March 31st 05, 07:30 PM

Partially correct the Mark VIII chassis, like the VII, was
developed from the Fox.

mike hunt

Old April 2nd 05, 04:35 PM
C. E. White

> wrote in message
> Partially correct the Mark VIII chassis, like the VII, was
> developed from the Fox.

Nope, the Mark VIII is a version of the MN12 Chassis (1993-1998) and most
suspension and drivetrain elements are shared with the THunderbirds and
COugars of those years.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...icles/vin.html

Ed

Old April 2nd 05, 04:36 PM
C. E. White

> wrote in message
> The VIII and VIII were both built off the old fox chassis but
> hardly can one call them the same chassis any more than to say
> the H2 is a Yukon underneath, as the poster chose to imply

The Mark VIII is an MN12 variation, not a Fox relation at all.

Ed

Old April 2nd 05, 08:21 PM

The is technically correct, but the MN12 was it self a variation
of the Fox

mike hunt

Saturn vs Pontiac marx404 Saturn 16 April 5th 05 02:22 AM
Installing Kill Switch on Honda Accord [email protected] Honda 15 March 28th 05 05:16 PM
Installing Kill Switch on Honda Accord [email protected] Technology 12 March 28th 05 05:16 PM
as wanly as Guglielmo covers, you can kill the pin much more rigidly Peruvian Chump General 0 January 10th 05 11:52 PM
FS: 1997 Rob Atchison Pontiac Firebird "FUNNYCAR" Promo Sheet J.R. Sinclair General 0 March 3rd 04 05:46 AM