GM: Kill Pontiac

Old March 28th 05, 10:17 PM
C. E. White

"M.C. Tee" > wrote in message
> h1 = real hummer
> h2 = tahoe + body kit

I think it would be more correct to say Suburban 2500 + body kit. It has a
GCVW high enough to avoid CAFE. I'll admit the difference is somewhat
trivial. The actual H2 wheelbase is different than either the Tahoe or
Suburban, but it has the same heavier duty suspension components as the HD
Suburban.

Ed

Old March 28th 05, 10:21 PM
C. E. White

"noname" > wrote in message
> What the heck is an "H1"

The H1 is based on the original military Hum Vee - you know the one that is
totally impractical for the street - noisy, bad gas mileage, horrible ride,
only four seats, expensive, unreliable, etc., etc., etc. The only people
that buy them don't really need them...a "statement" vehicle.

The H2 is a Suburban 2500 with an ugly body, less interior room, and an even
higher price tag.

Ed

Old March 28th 05, 10:24 PM
C. E. White

Old March 28th 05, 10:27 PM
noname

No, the GM vehicles we are talking about are almost exactly the same
underneath.
Not talking about any ford product. Never mentioned Ford.
That's a unibody car. We are talking about a vehicle with a real frame.
The idea is that when someone uneducated in automotive construction
techniques buys a Hummer and thinks they have some unstoppable military
issued supertruck when in fact what they have is a rebodied
Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon.

Old March 29th 05, 12:30 AM

Ya right. LOL

mike hunt

Old March 29th 05, 03:57 AM

> ZombyWoof wrote:
> All the vehicles are basically the same with the exception of the

Corvette and
> now the Caddy folks are knocking off a luxo-barge version of that.

I wouldn't call the XLR a luxo-barge. It's more like what the original
Cougar was compared to the Mustang.

Patrick
93 Cobra

Old March 29th 05, 05:25 PM

Did they do that good job of disguising the Mark VIII from the
Fairmont by changing the outer body shell, interior, wheel base,
microprocessor, engine, transmission, rear and the suspension?

mike hunt

Old March 29th 05, 05:56 PM
Jeff

> wrote in message
> Did they do that good job of disguising the Mark VIII from the
> Fairmont by changing the outer body shell, interior, wheel base,
> microprocessor, engine, transmission, rear and the suspension?
>

> mike hunt

I remember when Lee Iococca was speaking about one of the cars derived from
a car that as derived from a car that was derived from a K-car platform is
based on the K-car: It is like calling an ax "my grandfather's ax" after
replacing the handle three times and the head twice.

Jeff

Saturn vs Pontiac marx404 Saturn 16 April 5th 05 02:22 AM
Installing Kill Switch on Honda Accord [email protected] Honda 15 March 28th 05 05:16 PM
Installing Kill Switch on Honda Accord [email protected] Technology 12 March 28th 05 05:16 PM
as wanly as Guglielmo covers, you can kill the pin much more rigidly Peruvian Chump General 0 January 10th 05 11:52 PM
FS: 1997 Rob Atchison Pontiac Firebird "FUNNYCAR" Promo Sheet J.R. Sinclair General 0 March 3rd 04 05:46 AM