Ebay rant

Old January 10th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
none2u

Default Ebay rant

I bought a Bosch diesel injector pump seal kit on there Dec 13th. The
seller doesn't have shipping insurance available. Apparently the post
office delivered it somewhere last month around the 17th. .But they don't
track where they deliver too. Just that they did deliver it somewhere. They
actually told me the carrier may of done crack and took it to the other side
of town. While I've been patiently awaiting parts and nice weather like
last week. I send off an email to the seller last week. . Now I'm out of
luck because the seller didn't allow insurance. And sent me a tracking
number and I didn't get the package. I'm thinking the seller should of
allowed me to buy insurance or should replace the seals. Because Anything I
sold on Ebay . I sold with insurance Or a replacement guarantee Anyone
disagree.

Old January 10th 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Rico[_1_]

In article >, "none2u" > wrote:
>I bought a Bosch diesel injector pump seal kit on there Dec 13th. The
>seller doesn't have shipping insurance available. Apparently the post
>office delivered it somewhere last month around the 17th. .But they don't
>track where they deliver too. Just that they did deliver it somewhere. They
>actually told me the carrier may of done crack and took it to the other side
>of town. While I've been patiently awaiting parts and nice weather like
>last week. I send off an email to the seller last week. . Now I'm out of
>luck because the seller didn't allow insurance. And sent me a tracking
>number and I didn't get the package. I'm thinking the seller should of
>allowed me to buy insurance or should replace the seals. Because Anything I
>sold on Ebay . I sold with insurance Or a replacement guarantee Anyone
>disagree.

Did he say in the auction shipping insurance not available? If yes, then
you went into the arrangement with your eyes wide open. Your fault not his.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.
Old January 10th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

He can send you a copy of the delivery confirmation form to "help" you resolve this issue.
It should have your correct address on it along with the USPS stamp.
What is his feedback percentage?

AFAIK You did not receive the item so your transaction was not completed. If you had received the item and the box was damaged then maybe you would be out of luck since there was no insurance.

We can always see you on one of those TV court shows. If you are let us all know when it airs. ;-)

good luck!
JMHO
--
later,
dave

Old January 10th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 23:06:13 -0500, "none2u" >
wrote:

>I bought a Bosch diesel injector pump seal kit on there Dec 13th. The
>seller doesn't have shipping insurance available. Apparently the post
>office delivered it somewhere last month around the 17th. .But they don't
>track where they deliver too. Just that they did deliver it somewhere. They
>actually told me the carrier may of done crack and took it to the other side
>of town. While I've been patiently awaiting parts and nice weather like
>last week. I send off an email to the seller last week. . Now I'm out of
>luck because the seller didn't allow insurance. And sent me a tracking
>number and I didn't get the package. I'm thinking the seller should of
>allowed me to buy insurance

You need to read the terms of eBay's rules. ***The seller is 100%
responsible to have the item *delivered* to you.*** Insurance is not
required, nor should the buyer ever pay 'insurance' as insurance only
protects the shipper. You need to file an INR (Item Not Received)
claim with eBay, and you will probably get your money back. Again,
don't let the seller tell you that he's not responsible--by eBay's
rules, which he agreed to, he is 100% responsible.

We sell thousands of dollars worth of parts on eBay each month. If an
item goes missing in the mail we simply ship a new one to the buyer.
Simple as that.

>or should replace the seals. Because Anything I
>sold on Ebay . I sold with insurance Or a replacement guarantee Anyone
>disagree.

From now on, do make sure that your transaction payments are funded
with a credit card and not a bank account or PayPal balance. That way
you can do a charge back on the credit card for the item in dispute.

Keep calm, realize that you will probalby will get your money back,
and avoid getting into a ****ing contest with teh seller. Deal with
eBay, use their dispute resolution tools...
Old January 11th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
none2u

"PeterD" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 23:06:13 -0500, "none2u" >
> wrote:
>
>>I bought a Bosch diesel injector pump seal kit on there Dec 13th. The
>>seller doesn't have shipping insurance available. Apparently the post
>>office delivered it somewhere last month around the 17th. .But they don't
>>track where they deliver too. Just that they did deliver it somewhere.
>>They
>>actually told me the carrier may of done crack and took it to the other
>>side
>>of town. While I've been patiently awaiting parts and nice weather like
>>last week. I send off an email to the seller last week. . Now I'm out of
>>luck because the seller didn't allow insurance. And sent me a tracking
>>number and I didn't get the package. I'm thinking the seller should of
>>allowed me to buy insurance

> You need to read the terms of eBay's rules. ***The seller is 100%
> responsible to have the item *delivered* to you.*** Insurance is not
> required, nor should the buyer ever pay 'insurance' as insurance only
> protects the shipper. You need to file an INR (Item Not Received)
> claim with eBay, and you will probably get your money back. Again,
> don't let the seller tell you that he's not responsible--by eBay's
> rules, which he agreed to, he is 100% responsible.
>
> We sell thousands of dollars worth of parts on eBay each month. If an
> item goes missing in the mail we simply ship a new one to the buyer.
> Simple as that.
>
>>or should replace the seals. Because Anything I
>>sold on Ebay . I sold with insurance Or a replacement guarantee Anyone
>>disagree.
>>

> From now on, do make sure that your transaction payments are funded
> with a credit card and not a bank account or PayPal balance. That way
> you can do a charge back on the credit card for the item in dispute.
>
> Keep calm, realize that you will probalby will get your money back,
> and avoid getting into a ****ing contest with teh seller. Deal with
> eBay, use their dispute resolution tools...

>>>Apparently

he's sending another one. After I suggested not allowing insurance to be
selected wasn't a great idea. The post office verified delivered it
somewhere else. They don't track or write it down. Just that it was
delivered somewhere. Everything I ever sold on EBay was insured or
guaranteed shipping. I'm going to send him off some funds anyways after I
get it because he agreed right away. I got called off work until Sat
because they couldn't get the furnace back up. I was happy enough today to
clean out a bay in the garage for the car. I'm changing the oring under the
block the check valves are screwed into. The passenger half shaft, A frame
rear mount, The alternator pulley from egermanparts.com .And a new belt.
Top off the transmission, brake fluid, And get the snow tires back on. I
need to get my Toyota in the shop for repair work and a recall , but I have
nothing to drive. See ya later.

Old January 11th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
none2u

Old January 11th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:50:29 -0500, "none2u" >
wrote:

>I got called off work until Sat
>because they couldn't get the furnace back up. I was happy enough today to
>clean out a bay in the garage for the car. I'm changing the oring under the
>block the check valves are screwed into. The passenger half shaft, A frame
>rear mount, The alternator pulley from egermanparts.com .And a new belt.
>Top off the transmission, brake fluid, And get the snow tires back on. I
>need to get my Toyota in the shop for repair work and a recall , but I have
>nothing to drive. See ya later.

Sounds like you have nothing to do, if you want, come over here and
work on my Cabbie! Needs new struts for starters. <bg> Good the seller
is working with you, as he should.
Old January 11th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:54:49 -0500, "none2u" >
wrote:

>>I bought a used kerosene 23,000 btu wick heater at Jamies flea market
>>for $20 . I'm getting to old to be cold. Being on the gravel in the garage
>>is bad enough.

There's the problem, it should be cement, not gravel!
Old January 13th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Peter Parker

In article >,
PeterD > wrote:

Excellent advice from PeterD. Since the seller did not have a signature
delivery, he will not be seller protected, therefore you have to open
up a claim that you did not receive the item. You will get your money
back and you have control of the claim. If the seller does not replace
the item, you will eventually get a refund. You can be mean and neg the
seller after you get your money and then close out the claim so he can't
give you neg feedback. Not sure if that works. However the seller prothe
appears to be the only one selling this item. He has crappy feedback
IMO. Using the http://www.toolhaus.org/ tool.

>On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 23:06:13 -0500, "none2u" >
>wrote:
>
>>I bought a Bosch diesel injector pump seal kit on there Dec 13th. The
>>seller doesn't have shipping insurance available. Apparently the post
>>office delivered it somewhere last month around the 17th. .But they don't
>>track where they deliver too. Just that they did deliver it somewhere. They
>>actually told me the carrier may of done crack and took it to the other side
>>of town. While I've been patiently awaiting parts and nice weather like
>>last week. I send off an email to the seller last week. . Now I'm out of
>>luck because the seller didn't allow insurance. And sent me a tracking
>>number and I didn't get the package. I'm thinking the seller should of
>>allowed me to buy insurance

>You need to read the terms of eBay's rules. ***The seller is 100%
>responsible to have the item *delivered* to you.*** Insurance is not
>required, nor should the buyer ever pay 'insurance' as insurance only
>protects the shipper. You need to file an INR (Item Not Received)
>claim with eBay, and you will probably get your money back. Again,
>don't let the seller tell you that he's not responsible--by eBay's
>rules, which he agreed to, he is 100% responsible.
>
>We sell thousands of dollars worth of parts on eBay each month. If an
>item goes missing in the mail we simply ship a new one to the buyer.
>Simple as that.
>
>>or should replace the seals. Because Anything I
>>sold on Ebay . I sold with insurance Or a replacement guarantee Anyone
>>disagree.
>>

>From now on, do make sure that your transaction payments are funded
>with a credit card and not a bank account or PayPal balance. That way
>you can do a charge back on the credit card for the item in dispute.
>
>Keep calm, realize that you will probalby will get your money back,
>and avoid getting into a ****ing contest with teh seller. Deal with
>eBay, use their dispute resolution tools...

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old January 13th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Peter Parker

In article >,
PeterD > wrote:
>On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:54:49 -0500, "none2u" >
>wrote:
>

>>>I bought a used kerosene 23,000 btu wick heater at Jamies flea market
>>>for $20 . I'm getting to old to be cold. Being on the gravel in the garage
>>>is bad enough.

>There's the problem, it should be cement, not gravel!

Yikes! Gravel! You also need one of those torpedo kerosene heaters. They
work great.

Glad to see the seller sent out another kit for you.

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...

<OT Rant> necromancer Driving 10 December 20th 07 03:18 AM
AutoZone rant Red Jeep Jeep 59 December 20th 06 02:03 AM
Start Buying on eBay Autos, Bikes - eBay Shopping Tips & Tricks [email protected] Antique cars 0 January 22nd 06 04:50 AM
LLB Rant fbloogyudsr Driving 2 September 1st 05 09:38 PM
Today's rant The Real Bev Driving 5 May 18th 05 06:09 AM