New Heater Channels VW Cabriolet Type 1

Old January 14th 08, 08:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dubman via CarKB.com

Default New Heater Channels VW Cabriolet Type 1

Hi I am currently restoring a 1968 South african beetle cabriolet conversion.

I will be replacing the heater channels as well as the floorpans. The old
heater channels has some 2"x1" box welded to it. Is this the normal way of
structurally stiffening the body? Has anyone got any advice or pics of
restorations they have done.

Simon

Old January 14th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

http://www.actionimport.com/cgi-bin/...key=GRP-CFRAIL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SrIFhnOsUg
there are other videos there too

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie....php?p=2722299
someone will probably post other links showing those supports being replaced

good luck on your restoration! I wish I still had my '67 Beetle conv. :-(
--
later,
dave

Old January 15th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Seen various versions like that on Beetles and on Type 3,s they had a similar idea with two beams
about 3 inches x 1 inch welded to the floor about 1/2 way between tunnel and edge of car. Length
went from pretty well the bulkhead to battery . You couldnt leave those beams in place and use them as
"heater channels'?,
Cheers
John