Return Of Bullitt

Old July 21st 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Return Of Bullitt

On Jul 20, 11:51 am, Joe > wrote:

>>> The same thing is happening in the music industry.
>>> There are very few musicians/groups that I would shell
>>> out money for their albums.

>>> Once the baby boomers are dead the music industry will >>> be bankrupt and deservedly so.

The big record companies are going to only be what dies. They've
tried to strangle the market with their bull**** playlists. And now
it's bitting them in the ass.

>> You must be hoping to hear your next hit song/group by
>> listening to commercial radio.

> That's where the "hits" are...

Years and years ago, maybe. But over the last 20-30 years commercial
radio has become a machine that creates it's own "stars/hit songs".
Much like American idol. It isn't about creativity or talent, it's
only about what markets well. Thankfully, the web and MP-3 players
have come to the rescue. Now all you have to do is frequent the music
blogs/sites and you'll find the truly innovative/creative artists.
Then it's only a matter of buying the music that appeals to you and
popping it in your MP3 player. Who needs commercial radio stations
and their recycled garbage music and non-stop annoying commercials?

My recent favorites
Andrew Bird "Armchair Apocrypha"
Josh Ritter "Animal Years"
Patty Griffin "Children Running Through"
Electralane "No Shouts, No Calls"
Johnny and the Moon "Green Rocky Road"
The National "Boxer" & their previous CD "Alligator"

And you'll hear none of it on any of the "hit making" radio stations.
And that's sad...

Patrick

Old July 21st 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_79_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

http://tinyurl.com/398lmr
>> Just a few quirks, but I can easily live with them. All in all an
>> awesome unit. One of the few with the HD tuner built in (most
>> require an outboard HD unit).
>>
>> FM HD is about the same quality as a CD; AM HD is about the same
>> quality as analog FM.
>>
>> Get one - after a week you'll wonder how you got along without it.

> Do you have a subscription to XM or Sirius? I have an XM receiver and
> a subscription.

No, and I don't want one. Call me what you will, but I'm not paying a
monthly fee to watch TV or listen to radio. I get both HDTV and HD
radio over the air for free.
Old July 21st 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_80_]

GILL > wrote in news:UdmdnSsOh7Q-
:

:

wrote:

used

from

theater

their

listening

even

free.

pretty

24/7.

station

channels.

http://tinyurl.com/398lmr
> Done! Should get it in
> 6-5 days
> Looks like free shipping
> and all that I need to
> install it too!
> I guess when I get a job
> I'll get some new
> speakers too.

Yeah, Crutchfield is great IMO. Their kit had everything for my Dak -
installation was a breeze. For $200 you can't beat that unit.
Old July 21st 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_56_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

http://www.rtgrim.com/store/hd_radio.html
>> http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...222834&loc=111
>> http://www.nextag.com/JVC-KD-HDR1-HD...53/prices-html

> Does this pick up regular FM station that broadcast in HD?

The JVC picks up everything. You can set the scan for only digital,
only analog, or both.

>> I won't pay for Cable TV or Satellite Radio. Free 1080i HDTV
>> broadcast over the airwaves ROCKS.

You know it. And unlike analog TV, the cleanest digital signal possible
comes to you over the air. Cable and satellite digital can't possibly
match the clarity.
Old July 21st 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_41_]

wrote in
oups.com:

> The big record companies are going to only be what dies. They've
> tried to strangle the market with their bull**** playlists. And now
> it's bitting them in the ass.
>
>>> You must be hoping to hear your next hit song/group by
>>> listening to commercial radio.

>> That's where the "hits" are...

> Years and years ago, maybe. But over the last 20-30 years commercial
> radio has become a machine that creates it's own "stars/hit songs".
> Much like American idol. It isn't about creativity or talent, it's
> only about what markets well.

Exactly. That's where the "hits" are...

> Thankfully, the web and MP-3 players
> have come to the rescue. Now all you have to do is frequent the music
> blogs/sites and you'll find the truly innovative/creative artists.
> Then it's only a matter of buying the music that appeals to you and
> popping it in your MP3 player. Who needs commercial radio stations
> and their recycled garbage music and non-stop annoying commercials?
>
> My recent favorites
> Andrew Bird "Armchair Apocrypha"
> Josh Ritter "Animal Years"
> Patty Griffin "Children Running Through"
> Electralane "No Shouts, No Calls"
> Johnny and the Moon "Green Rocky Road"
> The National "Boxer" & their previous CD "Alligator"
>
> And you'll hear none of it on any of the "hit making" radio stations.
> And that's sad...
>
> Patrick

It's just the way things are. "Hits" are on "hit making" stations.
Good music is on other stations. At home I'm listening to Internet
radio a lot more than traditional OTA radio. A quality stream @ 128 or
higher through a stereo sounds a _lot_ better than any FM (except HD).
As for OTA, the HD2 stations are pretty cool (see 'Return of Bullit'
thread).

2008.5 Bullītt Đavīd Ford Mustang 0 December 3rd 06 09:25 PM
Mustang Bullitt For Sale Mark Ford Mustang 0 July 31st 05 11:12 PM
The Bullitt Story [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 April 20th 05 04:07 AM
want to Buy -Bullitt wheels news Ford Mustang 0 February 24th 05 12:16 AM
Supercharging My Bullitt Tomdrk45 Ford Mustang 4 January 9th 05 09:22 AM