2003 Civic Gas Milage

Old October 1st 04, 11:58 PM
Pars

Default 2003 Civic Gas Milage

I Agree, don't expect the gas mileage to get better until next summer.
26 mpg seems like a good start on an automatic tranny on a new engine.

Pars

Old October 3rd 04, 04:06 AM
SAC 441

I have a 2003 EX model and I got 33 mpg from the outset.15000 miles
later,I am getting 34mpg.The only thing I find disconcerting about this
vehicle is the puny 10.8 gallon fuel tank.
I took a trip following a Chrysler LeBaron on a 420 mile trip.Even
though I got the better mileage,34 vs. the LeBaron's 23mpg,I STILL had
to refuel my vehicle first because the LeBaron had a 16 gallon fuel tank
and could go farther.They should put a bigger tank in that car.

Old October 3rd 04, 10:23 PM
TWW

"Pars" > wrote in message
> I Agree, don't expect the gas mileage to get better until next summer.
> 26 mpg seems like a good start on an automatic tranny on a new engine.
>
> Pars

We have a 03 Civic LX 5 spd as a 3rd car -- trip mileage runs around 37 and
around town right at 33. Even my Prelude gets 25-27 around town.