Where are the parents of teens of suspected of car thefts?

Old May 4th 18, 09:23 AM posted to chi.politics, rec.autos.driving, sac.politics,soc.culture.african.american, alt.politics.democrats
Diversity

Default Where are the parents of teens of suspected of car thefts?

MOLINE, Illinois -- Many WQAD viewers have wondered "Where are
the parents?" of teenagers suspected of car thefts in the Quad
Cities.

On Tuesday, May 1st, we reported that two brothers, ages 13 and
14, had no parent or guardian to be released to after Moline
police questioned them about a stolen car they were standing
near when they should have been in school.

There was not enough evidence to charge them with any crime.
Another 13-year-old boy who was with the brothers was released
to his mother.

When Moline police sought the brothers' parent or guardian, they
found that their mother is in prison, their father is not
around, and their 65-year-old aunt who serves as a guardian is
"not willing to come get them."

"She didn't want to deal with them. She says she can't control
them and wasn't gonna pick them up. We called several social
service agencies but nobody was able to come out at the time,"
said Sgt. Eli Soliz.

Police say the guardian gave them permission to drop the boys
off at their 21-year-old godfather's house. But the boys never
went in. Instead, they headed back toward Davenport on foot,
where WQAD caught up with them.

When asked if they had ever been in juvenile detention before,
they said yes, but "everybody does the same thing when they get
out, though."

Sgt. Soliz says "it's happening all the time, but it wouldn't
happen as often if there were consequences."

http://wqad.com/2018/05/03/where-are...s-of-teens-of-
suspected-of-car-thefts/

Old May 4th 18, 10:13 PM posted to chi.politics,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,soc.culture.african.american,alt.politics.democrats
Byker

"Diversity" wrote in message

> When Moline police sought the brothers' parent or guardian, they found
> that their mother is in prison, their father is not around, and their
> 65-year-old aunt who serves as a guardian is "not willing to come get
> them."
>
> http://wqad.com/2018/05/03/where-are...of-car-thefts/

Nothing that a little social cleansing can't take care of. Other countries,
especially in Latin America, have been doing it for a LONG time ("Out of
sight, out of mind"): https://tinyurl.com/y8eq7tkr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWBnm1ic-i4

https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNe...BN1DG2TC-OCATP

https://colombiareports.com/social-e...bles-colombia/