1990 Olds Stalls/Bogs on acceleration

Old September 18th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default 1990 Olds Stalls/Bogs on acceleration

I know a divorced woman who owned a 1987 Oldsmobile.She blew the engine
in that car.
cuhulin

Old September 18th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Rodan

> wrote:

I know a divorced woman who owned a 1987
Oldsmobile. She blew the engine in that car.
_____________________________________

Divorce doesn't stop natural human desires.

Rodan.

Old September 25th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mark[_1_]

On Sep 13, 2:10*am, wrote:
> On Sep 11, 9:30 am, Mark > wrote:

> > > Car has no MAF, but i did check the MAP sensor

> > I think that to solve this, *one way or another, you you are going to
> > have to monitor the pulses from the ECM to the injectors. *It can be
> > done safely if you don't short any wires together or to ground.

> > Is this car multi-port injectors or single injector throttle body?

> > Mark

> Ok, how do i go about checking the injectors exactly? I checked and
> had 12v, to one wire but i don't understand how to find out how the
> pulses are changing as you push the gas... It is multi-port injectors,
> so they are really hard to check under the plenum. The only other way
> i know to check them is to use a light and that will not show the
> changes you speak of it will just show that it is firing the injector
> right?- Hide quoted text -

are you still working this problem?

I think the brightness of the light will give you an indication of
changes of the pulses...

If you step on the gas I would think the light needs to get brighter..

Also I think at this point you can troubleshoot your problem with one
light connected to one injector... we are not checking the injector
itself but instead we are checking the signals that the ECM is sending
to the injectors... so far we havew no reason to think that the ECM
is sending the wrong signal to only one injector, so checking any one
should be the same as the others...

Mark

Old December 30th 17, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Nice one!
Old December 30th 17, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

So, what was the problem? My Son's 96 Olds Cut is doing the same thing. It's sporadic but it only takes the wrong time and place once...