Shifted Into reverse without clutch

Old November 14th 17, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
MeQuestionMark

Default Shifted Into reverse without clutch

I have a 2000 VW Jetta, I went to back up from my driveway but I forgot to use
the clutch when i tried shifting it into reverse. (Idk where my head was tbh)
The car stalled with a jerking motion. But when I went to start the car again,
it wouldnt. I tried putting it in neutral, first, and reverse and in none of
them would the car start. Any ideas??

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/shifte...tch-45345-.htm

Old November 14th 17, 06:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Sam Stone

Start? What do you mean? Is the starter cranking the engine and the jetta not running? Or is the
starter not cranking? Try pulling on the E-brake, put the car in neural , push the clutch to the
floor and then twist the key to the start position. Any information warnings being shown?

Old April 14th 18, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
MeQuestionMark[_2_]

replying to Sam Stone, MeQuestionMark wrote:
I figured out it was the timing belt that broke. I havent been ablento fix it
yet but I need to open it up and see if the valves went kaplooey.

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/vw/shift...tch-45345-.htm