No CD for NR2003 (my CD split)

Old May 26th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
AdamUK1986

Default No CD for NR2003 (my CD split)

Well im in a mess. My NR2003 disc has a crack in it and wont work. Im
gutted. Anywhere l can get a patch so l wont need the CD?

--
AdamUK1986
AdamUK1986's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=515334

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old May 26th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob V

:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nascar-Racing-20...QQcmdZViewItem

Old May 26th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mls067

AdamUK1986 wrote:
> Well im in a mess. My NR2003 disc has a crack in it and wont work. Im
> gutted. Anywhere l can get a patch so l wont need the CD?

and for a better reply, go here and do a search

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

Mike
mls67
Old May 26th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
AdamUK1986[_2_]

Cheers

Ive downloaded the following

NASCAR Racing 2003 v1.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE

*Play Instructions:*

- Install the game - Full Installation.
- Replace the original *NR2003.EXE* file with the one from the File
Archive.
- Play the Game!The downloaded file is flt-nrs3.rar, so l replaced the old one with this
file with no luck. Says insert disc.

Have l done something wrong? Sorry not to great with computers.

Old May 26th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

AdamUK1986 wrote:
> Cheers
>
> Ive downloaded the following
>
> NASCAR Racing 2003 v1.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE
>
> *Play Instructions:*
>
> - Install the game - Full Installation.
> - Replace the original *NR2003.EXE* file with the one from the File
> Archive.
> - Play the Game!The downloaded file is flt-nrs3.rar, so l replaced the old one with this
> file with no luck. Says insert disc.
>
> Have l done something wrong? Sorry not to great with computers.

Did you extract the .exe file from the .rar file? You need winrar to do
this.
Old May 27th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
deadguy3

On Sat, 26 May 2007 04:51:21 -0700,
AdamUK1986 wrote:

> Well im in a mess. My NR2003 disc has a crack in it and wont work. Im
> gutted. Anywhere l can get a patch so l wont need the CD?

u may need the update nocd here...

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/game...03season.shtml
Old May 27th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_3_]

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
. uk...
> AdamUK1986 wrote:
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ive downloaded the following
>>
>> NASCAR Racing 2003 v1.0 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE
>>
>> *Play Instructions:* - Install the game - Full Installation.
>> - Replace the original *NR2003.EXE* file with the one from the File
>> Archive.
>> - Play the Game!The downloaded file is flt-nrs3.rar, so l replaced the
>> old one with this
>> file with no luck. Says insert disc.
>>
>> Have l done something wrong? Sorry not to great with computers.

> Did you extract the .exe file from the .rar file? You need winrar to do
> this.

Have you patched the game? If you have, then you'll need the no-cd for the
patched version of N2003. From what you've written, you're using the no-cd
for the unpatched version of the game.

Alanb

Old May 29th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Other Larry\)

I can't help with this, but it begs me to ask another question along the
same lines.

My NR2003 CD has been in a dedicated CD drive since 2003. Yes, it's
actually been in my computer, whichever build, for 4 years now

Probably the safest place for it, but it is time to start thinking about a
disaster such as the OP has, especially since copies on eBait are running
way up there.

There HAS to be a way to image this CD into an ISO that can be used to
re-create the CD as needed.

I have Alchohol 120%, but to be honest I've never fully understood this
program or how to use it. Too damned many options

Anyone familiar on how to make (working) backup copies of NR2003 using
Alchohol 120% or another program?

-Larry

Old May 29th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mls067

Larry (The Other Larry) wrote:
> I can't help with this, but it begs me to ask another question along the
> same lines.
>
> My NR2003 CD has been in a dedicated CD drive since 2003. Yes, it's
> actually been in my computer, whichever build, for 4 years now
>
> Probably the safest place for it, but it is time to start thinking about
> a disaster such as the OP has, especially since copies on eBait are
> running way up there.
>
> There HAS to be a way to image this CD into an ISO that can be used to
> re-create the CD as needed.
>
> I have Alchohol 120%, but to be honest I've never fully understood this
> program or how to use it. Too damned many options
>
> Anyone familiar on how to make (working) backup copies of NR2003 using
> Alchohol 120% or another program?
>
> -Larry
>
> "AdamUK1986" > wrote in message
>>
>> Well im in a mess. My NR2003 disc has a crack in it and wont work. Im
>> gutted. Anywhere l can get a patch so l wont need the CD?
>>

>> --
>> AdamUK1986
>> AdamUK1986's Profile:
>> http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=515334
>> View this thread:
>> http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=708863
>>
>> http://www.automotiveforums.com

this is from someone else. I take no credit for it, but it does work.

1.Install alcohol 120% and start the program

2.click image buring wizard, top left

3.browse to the file nr2003.mds, ,click next

4.at the bottom of the next screen in the datatype windows, choose
securom *new,

A. IF YOU WANT TO USE THE CD TO PLAY N2K3 DO THE FOLLOWING, OTHERWISE
JUST GO TO WWW.GAMECOPYWORLD.COM AND DOWNLOAD THE NOCD PATCH
THERE.DO A SEARCH FOR IT ON THE RIGHT

-(make sure you check "Burm RMPS to Media" the RMPS is a file that
records how long it takes to access files on the cd, a Very important
feature of Securom. You'll always have to use alcohol with the RMPS
feature Under Emulation to play that copy, but it should work).then
CLICK start

mike
mls67
Old May 29th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Other Larry\)

Thanks for the info!

If I read this right, usage of the copy requires Alchohol 120%. I'd
actually like to have a stand-alone clone of the original CD that can work
all by itself.

-Larry

"mls067" > wrote in message

> this is from someone else. I take no credit for it, but it does work.
>

> 1.Install alcohol 120% and start the program
>
> 2.click image buring wizard, top left
>
> 3.browse to the file nr2003.mds, ,click next
>
> 4.at the bottom of the next screen in the datatype windows, choose securom
> *new,
>
> A. IF YOU WANT TO USE THE CD TO PLAY N2K3 DO THE FOLLOWING, OTHERWISE JUST
> GO TO WWW.GAMECOPYWORLD.COM AND DOWNLOAD THE NOCD PATCH THERE.DO A
> SEARCH FOR IT ON THE RIGHT
>
> -(make sure you check "Burm RMPS to Media" the RMPS is a file that records
> how long it takes to access files on the cd, a Very important feature of
> Securom. You'll always have to use alcohol with the RMPS feature Under
> Emulation to play that copy, but it should work).then CLICK start
>

> mike
> mls67

Glass for split/bay Bart Bervoets VW air cooled 0 October 10th 05 10:31 AM
Split CV boot kit Dave VW water cooled 3 August 11th 05 10:26 PM
Split Window Kit bcdlr VW air cooled 0 June 20th 05 12:55 AM
Split the case Joao Eliseu VW air cooled 4 January 17th 05 03:34 PM
NR2003 Split Axis Pedals W/Logitech Formula GP Douglas BISHOP Simulators 1 December 5th 04 11:54 PM