Honda CR-V

Old March 11th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Just Facts

Default Honda CR-V

FYI:
I've been looking at this very nice vehicle, but one design item will
keep me from buying it just now.

That is the lack of a second non electrical way to open the rear hatch.
The only way to open it is by electrical means, the power latch.
Tough when you store your battery jumper cables in the spare wheel well.
Sure I could crawl back there while pushing luggage aside, but that
isn't my way of retrieving my backup tools.
Old March 13th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
J D

There's always the old way - put the key in the rear door and turn it -
always works on my CR-v

Old March 13th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"J D" > wrote in
:

> "Just Facts" > wrote in message
>> FYI:
>> I've been looking at this very nice vehicle, but one design item will
>> keep me from buying it just now.
>>
>> That is the lack of a second non electrical way to open the rear hatch.
>> The only way to open it is by electrical means, the power latch.
>> Tough when you store your battery jumper cables in the spare wheel well.
>> Sure I could crawl back there while pushing luggage aside, but that
>> isn't my way of retrieving my backup tools.

> There's always the old way - put the key in the rear door and turn it -
> always works on my CR-v

This may not be possible for the OP. The very newest Hondas are starting to
come with door locks missing, so his CR-V may not even have a tailgate
lock.

The new Accord, for instance, has no outside key lock on the passenger
door. You have to turn the driver's door lock to "open" twice to make the
passenger door unlock itself.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old March 14th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
J D

Ah..... Progress !!, think I'll stick with my mk1 CRV

Old April 6th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bozo

Just Facts wrote:
> FYI:
> I've been looking at this very nice vehicle, but one design item will
> keep me from buying it just now.
>
> That is the lack of a second non electrical way to open the rear hatch.
> The only way to open it is by electrical means, the power latch.
> Tough when you store your battery jumper cables in the spare wheel well.
> Sure I could crawl back there while pushing luggage aside, but that
> isn't my way of retrieving my backup tools.

Out of interest in the last 10 years how many times have you returned to
your car to find the battery so flat it could not unlock the doors???

I guess none

Old April 7th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BlackGT2000[_29_]

My new EX civic is the same way, no trunk key lock, or passenger side
lock.

--
BlackGT2000
BlackGT2000's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=336868